Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator+Facelift Red Rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Interesting. I bought yesterday a kind of tougher scissor who can cut in plastic. I thought that could help when you cut "Liquidatorrubber".But the way you describe is good. I have always used a razorblade... but not a hammer.
This was the way I was taught in the early '80s as the rubber doesn't deform at all. Straight clean slice...

Rest razor on rubber on flat surface and tap with a hammer. Perfectly straight cut.
It's the way I do it Eric, do you rest it on the round top side then hammer down or the other side?

I will try Black Diamond next week. Haven't got it here end Sweden before until now.But the Swedish supplier marketing it as a "medium" rubber . They call it unique. I haven't heard about a medium rubber before. Will see if it's a commercial "thing" or if it's really seems to be medium.
Why didn't you buy from Denmark like I did? They are even cheaper there!

He have soft and hard rubber, why it's medium on the site I don't know. The supplier lives in the same city as I do.

I have had trouble with razor red, a lot of fine lines on one side of the rubber. I can even see what creates the lines with my eyes. Next summer I will use black diamonds hard rubber, they worked great for me. And the soft in the winter.

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

I just bought a heap of razr rubber and seem to be having the same problem, well i though it wasn't too bad but then tried the windows outside instead of in and the sun highlighted the lines straight away, don't seem to have the same issue with ettore rubber.

I'm now wondering if I should just go and buy some black diamond hard instead.

I just bought a heap of razr rubber and seem to be having the same problem, well i though it wasn't too bad but then tried the windows outside instead of in and the sun highlighted the lines straight away, don't seem to have the same issue with ettore rubber.
I'm now wondering if I should just go and buy some black diamond hard instead.
14" or 36" ?

He have soft and hard rubber, why it's medium on the site I don't know. The supplier lives in the same city as I do.

I have had trouble with razor red, a lot of fine lines on one side of the rubber. I can even see what creates the lines with my eyes. Next summer I will use black diamonds hard rubber, they worked great for me. And the soft in the winter.

Thanks for the advice! Wich site in Denmark do you buy from? Rengoringslagret?

I had no problem with my first batch of Razor Red. But the next batches hasn't been good. Whe

Intresting! Which Denmark site do you buy it from? Rengoringslagret?

It will be exciting to try the Black Diamond rubber.

Thanks for the advice! Wich site in Denmark do you buy from? Rengoringslagret?I had no problem with my first batch of Razor Red. But the next batches hasn't been good. Whe

Just go to the main site for black Dimond and choose Denmark. It's gummifabrikken I think. he who sells in Sweden are going to close the business. He wants to clean instead of selling he told me.

Thanks for the advice! Wich site in Denmark do you buy from? Rengoringslagret?

I had no problem with my first batch of Razor Red. But the next batches hasn't been good. Whe

Just go to the main site for black Dimond and choose Denmark. It's gummifabrikken I think. he who sells in Sweden are going to close the business. He wants to clean instead of selling he told me.
Thanks for the advice! How much do you save to buy from Denmark?

I found the best way to do red razor .

Is but some washing up liquid on it and then put in hot water . As it tightens the rubber up and make sure the facelift logo is facing the glass as this seems to be the best side of the rubber I know it sou ds daft but the plain side I find shocking to clean with

Hey guys!New on this forum.

Me and my colleagues have problems with the Liquidator + Facelifts Red Rubber.

We get fine drag lines after the squeegee. Especially in the middle of the squeegee and 2 cm from the edges.

We have tried different ways of cutting but nothing helps.

But I've noticed so many talk about that the Red Rubber is the best for the liquidator. So something we do must be wrong.

Now Moermans own rubber is working best, but it wears out so quickly.

Any advice or suggestions? Would really appreciate it!
I use red razor rubber also.. it had its pros and cons.. Only thing I can suggest is either work around it " ie, don't use it on a pole if your having line issues" or buy another brand.. Personally the only squeegee it works fantastic with is the original wide channel wagtail .. Bizarre but true

I found the best way to do red razor .Is but some washing up liquid on it and then put in hot water . As it tightens the rubber up and make sure the facelift logo is facing the glass as this seems to be the best side of the rubber I know it sou ds daft but the plain side I find shocking to clean with
Then for me personally it's not so interesting longer with Red Rubber.

I will compare it with Black Diamond rubber who I got this Friday.

I found the best way to do red razor .Is but some washing up liquid on it and then put in hot water . As it tightens the rubber up and make sure the facelift logo is facing the glass as this seems to be the best side of the rubber I know it sou ds daft but the plain side I find shocking to clean with
I agree with soap and hot water but honestly haven't noticed difference between sides, must check it out...honestly though I think it seems to be coming down to inconsistency of manufacture...interesting! Just checked. Both the 14 and 36" lengths I have, have no logo of any sort on them...

Last edited by a moderator:
I said this on the forum about a year ago regarding which way the logo is facing as I noticed a difference and I got laughed out of the park. Glad I'm not the only one.

I said this on the forum about a year ago regarding which way the logo is facing as I noticed a difference and I got laughed out of the park. Glad I'm not the only one.
Gave a new strip a good go today. No issues either side and mine has no Facelift logo on it. Checked my remaining stock and all is unmarked...

Back