Today's mod

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Danfire, Jul 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Had this belt and braces set up a few months now....works well enough, stops the tshirt being pulled up and shorts down which happened with just a belt....one issue I image.jpg had was the shoulder straps rubbing on my neck so I've sewn some towel over the pads....feels a lot better, see how it goes tomorrow....used a little strip of the towel on the boab to prevent the squeegee rubber chaffing as well, going to find out if it works better than duct tape.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yeh does my head in my boab going up and down how it gets past ma big belly I dont know but it is a pain..nice idea will have to look into it.:D

had a day last week out of my shorts think it was wednesday couldnt get comfortable at all ..not good for the mood..

3. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

Great idea that! It is annoying having to hoist my belt up all the time.
    What are those Unger Ergotec belts like? Nearly bought one but was worried it would be too bulky.

4. Danfire

The belt is webbing type material, on its own it wouldn't be stiff enough but after a bit if adjusting today I've got the boab attached round the a bit that's padded so that should be better. The boab is also modded with a cable tie to raise it a few inches...the straps stop all the weight that's attached dragging down like it used to but they did chafe my neck. image.jpg

5. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm so with a bit of jiggary pokery! Same as most things then, you may need too adjust to suit your preference. Thanks Danfire

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I put handlebar bike rubbers in my boab to stop the rubber nicking against the plastic. Works great.

Looks a good idea that. Thing I hate about them is the constant banging against my knee.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Shorten it then
    My ninja boab i took the metal rivet out and cut the bottom webbing off
    Glued bottom part of clip to the boab and 2 small rivets
    Now don't swing about anywhere

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Thing is mate it's just the right height for quickness. I did try it higher but didn't have that pull out smooth movement lol.

9. Danfire

I'm with you there...I raised the belt by adapting the straps and shortened the boab strap...the belt has gone down a bit...will see if I'm quicker on the draw tomorrow.

Advertisement