Todays The Day..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by koopmaster, Oct 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have my meeting with my boss at 13:00 and going to see about working part time. its the first step to going full time in window cleaning...

not worried at all, actually hes a bit of a push over, and I have load of confidence.

I fell its going to be like one director (ME) talking to another director (HIM)

LOL because I am a employee at this company and my own boss of a successful company, IE my window cleaning business.

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

Are you going to start a limited company or go sole trader? Tell the boss where to shove it!lol

3. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I started my LTD company last year, I bought it 6 months before I even started window cleaning, I had all the intentions of being self employed but I just didnt know what to do till 6 months after I bought my company.

4. Iain

Iain Guru

Ok cool LTD is much better. Good luck with your meeting today pal. I remember when I was meeting with my boss, same situation. Awesome day as far as they go!

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

what did you say, are you now on your own or still working for someone else?

6. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

i was gonna sole trader root. Why is ltd better? Not sure what to do now? Mmmm?????

7. Iain

Iain Guru

I was working for someone else about 3 years ago and packed it in. My Company now work with this company a few days a week which is nice as I like the people there.

8. Iain

Iain Guru

LTD is better is some respects but it isn't the best option for everyone. There's more paperwork to do every year and you have to pay Corporation Tax on your profits but there's a line drawn between you and the Company. If someone wants to sue you, for example, they actually sue the Company. You're not personally liable for anything that the Company does, except under certain circumstances. I think having an LTD looks more professional but unless an accountant advises you to go this route then I wouldn't say it's necessary. There are some personal benefits, tax wise, buy these are very complicated and you'll almost certainly need an accountant to help you. I did!

9. laddergarder

I remember having a similar conversation with my boss about not being able to do anymore overtime. He wasn't so nice with that sort of stuff, he was pretty committed to the company, all in all though I did liked him alot, and even he was fine with it. I think he knew where things were going when I started window cleaning, so he just let me do what I had to.

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

good luck, lets hope he dont turn round and give you your p45! lol

Advertisement