Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Membrane housing problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aqua

Hi everyone. I seem to have a problem with the two end caps on my 40 40 membrane housing. I have a stainless steel one and I'm just trying to set it up myself and must admit I'm struggling a bit. The problem I have is with both of the plastic end caps. The hole in the centre of each one is not a straight hole it is offset halfway through? It looks like it's been drilled from each end and they have missed slightly. I would think maybe it should be like this but the fitting I was given to blank the hole in the in end has a pin bit in the centre which I presumed was supposed to locate in the hole in the middle of the membrane? But because the hole is offset this pin is tight against the side of the hole when it comes through?

So should the membrane holes be like this and is this plug incorrect?

I hope you can understand what I mean. Thanks

OK lovely thanks mate its just all new to me. I can post some pics of it makes it easier to understand.

Hope that shows it. The central hole does not go through as one straight hole. Is that correct or has it been made faulty as the fitting I was given to blank off one end comes through to the side as you can see in the last picture

That hole in the third pic with no thread should not be there. That needs to be sealed.

Centre hole that will be your inlet.

On second picture centre hole is where you seat your membrane into. The shaft needs to sit tight into that which the "o" rings will hold in place.

The bottom hole will be your waste where you attach your valve.

If you cannot seal the hole with no thread then it's no good. Send it back.

Thanks mate. The last hole has got a thread in half of it but that is how the fitting I was given to seal it comes through the hole if you can see what I mean it is right over to one side because the hole does not go in a straight line through it so I don't see how the shaft on that end of the membrane will be able to locate in it? I will post a pic of the fitting to show you it.

View attachment 3218 this is what I was given to blank off that hole. So the last of those three pictures is the inside of the end cap with this screwed in. Can you see what I mean that it does not come through in the middle of the hole? Is this not the right fitting to seal it?

Many thanks

The question I would ask is why that is not in, in the first place. If it does not screw into the blank hole and does not seal it then it is no good.

OK I think I will see if I can get just a screw in bung without the pin bit on it to blank that hole off. Then that should leave space for the shaft on the end of the membrane to fit in the o rings. Thanks for your help

The housing I bought from cleaning spot I think it's a good quality one but the fittings I took off an old one someone gave me. I was thinking maybe the hole is supposed to be like that to increase the pressure? By forcing it through a smaller opening but you still keep the same size hole at each side?

Back