Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carrying a Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

Probably a bone question but I'm in the process of starting the swap to wfp and looking at getting a backpack setup and was wondering if anyone actually uses them as a backpack, or is it easier to turn it into a diy trolley? the weight of it full i thinks nearing 27kg so it could be a nightmare, I'm used to silly weight in my back but don't think the knees would like it again so just wondered what's the easiest way to either carry it or convert it to a trolley

Didn't really want to, carrying a bergen for 8 years was bad enough just wanted to see if anyone either had done it or if it was easy to convert to a trolley, and if so how to do it

I've posted a pic of my setup a few times now but it's relevant here so I'll post it again. The trolley is from Amazon, the hose reel is from The Range and everything else (hose and fittings) is from the Gardiner website. The parts you'll need for connecting the backpack hose to the hose reel are in the screen shot below. Ignore the item at the top of the list as that was for something else. You'll also need a standard hozelock end stop which you've probably got at home already.

The backpack is held in place with two bungees but a small ratchet strap would be better.

8fc4e9c26c87c98db20657a0a48d60dc.jpg

f124a206040f81753e515964fe3b3d5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Half hour, if that. It was dead simple. If I can do it anyone can.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't bother with the last item on the list either, unless you buy the tool that squeezes them shut. I can't remember what it's called. I used mini jubilee clips instead of o rings. The hose reel is held in place with two large jubilee clips on the top and a couple of zip ties at the bottom.

Backpack or trolley would be great for a few awkward jobs , But it would be a pain doing a whole round more so with the filling up of back pack when its empty .

Was thinking about it last night, do you think it's worth putting a 25l Jerry can on the trolley as well so I have extra water? Or would it be too heavy?

Backpack £110, sack truck from Ikea that does the job a tenner, bungee will hold it on, don't ratchet it on as it will be easier to disassemble for putting it back in the vehicle or carrying through a house, I use only backpacks and find no need at all for van mount, I don't even use microbore hose I find it heavy to lump around and it tangles, just got 30 metres of pole hose connected as pole hose and also converted poles to tubeless for less than a pound.View attachment 6458

View attachment 6457

Backpack £110, sack truck from Ikea that does the job a tenner, bungee will hold it on, don't ratchet it on as it will be easier to disassemble for putting it back in the vehicle or carrying through a house, I use only backpacks and find no need at all for van mount, I don't even use microbore hose I find it heavy to lump around and it tangles, just got 30 metres of pole hose connected as my main hose and also converted poles to tubeless for less than a pound.View attachment 9270 View attachment 9271
Don't know why they are called backpacks you can't possibly wave a pole about with one of these on your back. The build quality of them is poor more of a disposable item really so if you can get a year out of one just get another one.

Was thinking about it last night, do you think it's worth putting a 25l Jerry can on the trolley as well so I have extra water? Or would it be too heavy?
depends how far your pushing it & how often its getting moved around. i just go back to van with empty b/p & fill up. vans never far away when working.

Back