Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Choosing a spare backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a spare backpack pump and battery connected up with charger port..fuse..switchNot in a backpack but still connected up and working

I'll dig it out the shed tomorrow and take a pic so you can see all the wiring
cheers :thumbsup:

I will be home in about an hour and will dig it out

It is connected with proper connectors but you can use the old chocblocks

This looks complicated but just follow the red and follow the yellow imagining there are no connectors in the equation

The yellow is negative so stick the switch somewhere in the negative sidebof the circuit and job done

The pwm goes between the whole lot (where the yellow and white connectors meet so just connect it in the circuit live to live and negative to negative if you have one

View attachment 8052

thats got me beat. ive only got 4 wires 2 from pump red & black & 2 from switch. i probably pulled others off when taking pump out. /emoticons/sad.png

Can you post a picture of the bits you need to connect up? Do you have any controller?

The simplest setup without a controller, would have a fuse closest to the battery in the positive wire then the switch, then the motor (red). The negative wire would connect straight to the motor (black).

If you have some form of controller this would normally be between the switch and the motor I believe.

The switch can actually go anywhere in the positive or negative wire

All it does is break the circuit

Connect the fuse to the red terminal on the battery and the other end the the red wire from the pump.

Connect the black wire from the pump to the blue wire.

Connect the green/yellow wire to the black terminal on the battery. That will have the switch in the negative side but as has been pointed out it doesn't really matter which side it's in as its only breaking the circuit.

Make sure all your connections are solid and can't short on anything else

Connect the fuse to the red terminal on the battery and the other end the the red wire from the pump.Connect the black wire from the pump to the blue wire.

Connect the green/yellow wire to the black terminal on the battery. That will have the switch in the negative side but as has been pointed out it doesn't really matter which side it's in as its only breaking the circuit.

Make sure all your connections are solid and can't short on anything else
brilliant marko just done what you said & its working.:thumbsup::thumbsup: View attachment 8058

Back