Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my ppm

slipknot

so i bought a TDS pen the other day and i have to admit my gfs ppm is lower than my nans and the live less than 7 mile apart

my nans ppm comes in at 260ppm

my fish tank comes in at 86ppm

my gfs house comes in at 34ppm

so would i be best buying a RO filter or a DI vessel ? ill be getting the water from my gfs house

Is your TDS pen a genuine one? Those readings seems very bizarre, if you live in a moderate to high water hardness area (250ppm or thereabouts) then to find 34ppm a few miles away does seem strange. What area of the Uk are you?

Is your TDS pen a genuine one? Those readings seems very bizarre, if you live in a moderate to high water hardness area (250ppm or thereabouts) then to find 34ppm a few miles away does seem strange. What area of the Uk are you?
my tap water was 475ppm 2 years ago walked 1 min to mates house 325ppm

my tap water was 475ppm 2 years ago walked 1 min to mates house 325ppm
Thats seems fair enough both still high, but to go from 260 to 34 is extreme, she might be running in internal water softner purifier from the property feed in?

Yeh fish tank one seems strange, maybe something to do with the filter media in it perhaps, I was always under the impression of if your in a hard water area then thats all your getting from the water supply, vary a bit of course but pretty steady. I'm 235/240 at home, mum n dads 5 miles away 240/245

hey guys im not sure how much i will need water wise i might start out using 6 25lr barrels as testers then upgrade to an 1000 tank outside. gf is no on a water meter its all included in the rent. i live in northwest in Warrington.

i just went and took a sample of my neighbours water and that come back as 44ppm

It's like that round here. Different reservoir type thing. Also slot of people are on bore holes and springs.

If your girlfriends ppm is 34 then do only

Produce water quickly and cheaply

ive heard of lot of things blokes use there girlfriends for but never the tap ppm hahahaha

Can imagine turning up new birds house with the tds meter in hand

Sorry duck!need to measure your tap ppm before I can decide if we can get together ha

When I was cleaning our ppm was between 80-90 and used di only. Ran two di's but no problem. At 30 odd I would definitely go di only.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back