Tools

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Purus, Nov 28, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Purus

Purus Guest

Hi, can any one suggest what are the best window cleaning tools to use, I generally use Unger, but have heard that etorie are also very good, does any one use a certain brand?
    Thank!

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

I have never liked Ettore, though that doesn't mean they're not good.
    I find them cheap feeling, apart from the squeegee.
    But their telescopic pole's awful.

Unger in my opinion are, if you like the feel, one of the best.

3. Purus

Purus Guest

Thank you, that's what I thought, I'm glad as I have brought mainly Unger stock as I thought they were the best. What detergent do you use, I have heard lots of people say the pill by Unger is not good, and they use fairy liquid, I have tried both and do prefer fairy?

4. Masons

Masons Guru

Fairy seems best for me. It's almost the industry standard.lol

5. Purus

Purus Guest

Thanks for your help. I think I will be asking lots of questions!!

6. According to me you need to search on Google for this. There you can find a variety of items.

7. Purus

Purus Guest

What would you suggest using?

8. laddergarder

I would go with unger soap, I know allot of window cleaners use fairy, but its very expensive and ungers soap is more cost effective and pretty good. We generally use a cap full for each litre of water, works very well.

A far a tools go I predominately user unger, although there new ninja squeegees are pointless. No real improvement on there original angled head squeegees and are too chunky. In fact I would say there angled heads are better in design.

9. A.K WINDOWS

been using pulex but im going to swap to ettore to see if there rubber is any better it dosent last 2mins and streaks like hell after a few windows

10. I found that I liked using the cheapest washing up liquid available which had an extra 'shine' agent. Works a treat and costs like 40p per bottle. Works a treat.

Which squeegee type are you using? Soft or hard....try both to see what you prefer. I liked the hard for the accurate squeegee but they dont last as long as soft ones do...so i always plum for soft....Gonna get some new brand to the market squeegees in stock to sell soon. Keep an eye on my site and on ebay to see what we've got.

Advertisement