Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mr Gardiner .... Please help

DC current from solar panel arrays can kill by the way if you were unlucky enough to get a belt from one /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was caught out up me ladder once clearing a blocked downspout as all of a sudden there was an almighty thunder storm overhead. Lucky for me I wasn't hit by a bolt of lightning as was so close. Was defo a man pants moment that one I can tell ya /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was caught out up me ladder once clearing a blocked downspout as all of a sudden there was an almighty thunder storm overhead. Lucky for me I wasn't hit by a bolt of lightning as was so close. Was defo a man pants moment that one I can tell ya /emoticons/biggrin.png
yes dodgy....that reminds me you have to be very careful if you decide to take the downspout to pieces as you cant unblock .....there be a lot of pressure on a blocked gutter and it always gets me......i gotta learn......

That one I took the end cap off first so didn't get soaked as must have shot 6 foot out over onto the next doors driveway. Tip: Don't be directly under the downspout when the gutter is full of water whilst taking the downspout bend apart.

Anyhow we have seemed to have hijacked the thread somewhat so back to op...

It seems to me Gardiners carbon wfp's are no better or worse than any other carbon poles for conducting an electric current but I'm sure Alex would disagree as a few numpties have already tested it out by hitting overhead power cables..../emoticons/biggrin.png

Ok so i'm following a conversation in the forum here : http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/solar-panels.11449/
Can you say if using a carbon fibre pole is safe for cleaning solar panels.

Thank you
I am not a solar panel expert, however the following points can be noted:

All of our carbon-fibre telescopic poles have insulated handle sections which limit the risk of using near high voltage lines - this has not only been laboratory tested but also tested at 240v by some of our obliging clients! These handles would of course help with any potential risk from solar panels.

We supply firms all over the world with poles for solar panel cleaning including some equipment manufacturers and they all use carbon fibre poles on their systems and machines. The also specify poles with insulated handles and consider that this is sufficient protection against the very small chance of a problem.

It is always worth being cautious when working with carbon, electricity and water so a good visual check of the panels would be a start coupled with good working practice and insulated poles.

That one I took the end cap off first so didn't get soaked as must have shot 6 foot out over onto the next doors driveway. Tip: Don't be directly under the downspout when the gutter is full of water whilst taking the downspout bend apart.

Anyhow we have seemed to have hijacked the thread somewhat so back to op...

It seems to me Gardiners carbon wfp's are no better or worse than any other carbon poles for conducting an electric current but I'm sure Alex would disagree as a few numpties have already tested it out by hitting overhead power cables..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Interestingly pure water is an insulator against electricity!
hi yes i didnt know that until recently....after adding tap water to my car battery.......dipstick that i am....but it is a good fact...in fact some computer cct boards are being cooled in pure water....i think i read somewhere...crazy..

Interestingly pure water is an insulator against electricity!
It is until you get it dirty, which is kind of the point of solar panel cleaning. As soon as you start cleaning, that water will conduct.

Latest Posts

Back