Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do All Window Cleaners Pay Tax?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The insurance is only void on their own car, the insurers will still pay damages to any other party involved as an RTA insurer.
no they pay for nothing at all you have to have the right listing on the insurance other wise it is voild!

Mate it's my current job, trust me we have to pay out as an RTA insurer to the third party for damages if: our driver is drunk, on drugs, driving illegally, in declared mods, voided policies, etc etc even if the policy was canceled within the last 30 days and they have not bought a new policy.

Mate it's my current job, trust me we have to pay out as an RTA insurer to the third party for damages if: our driver is drunk, on drugs, driving illegally, in declared mods, voided policies, etc etc even if the policy was canceled within the last 30 days and they have not bought a new policy.
oh right, didnt work for a guy i new, he lost a lot due to it and nothing was paid out for the crash, laws might of changed since then

as a window cleaner no one but you knows how much you earn, the littler you earn the less you will pay back, you will not register vat unless you are earning enough which will then be when to register. you have to earn over a certain limit before having to pay tax. as winter comes you will not be making what you would be now.

Iain's spot on, always way's to pay less tax, my first priority is to earn as much as possible, some of that money will be cash, simply use your cash for daily non tax deductible purchases, groceries, entertainment etc, them get a good account to write off as many legal deductions as possible. I would love to have to pay 50 grand a year in tax, it would mean i've earnt a **** load of money... :rolleyes:

Good Luck..

Go Ltd company, birngs you liabilties down big time. Though its only good if you've got your forever house etc..... otherwise no bank will touch you. I have a customer who turns over £300k a year.... shes a Ltd company, pays herself minimum wage and takes the rest in Dividends. This removes paying any NI on earnings, which saves 10% straight off.

Like deno says.... at the end of the day, the bigger your tax bill, the better your doing..... However, must admit, once you hit the 40% tax bracket, the drive does windle a bit knowing 40% of everything is going straight to HMRC.

At the end of the day, how do you want to live your life? I know people who clean 5 days a week and pay no tax what so ever..... but they also live in sh*t hole houses, so in the long run who's winning?

Make your money....pay your tax's and be happy. Also, if you ever want to sell the business, you can exactly say, well, I make loads of money honest..... its just i never declared it!

Go Ltd company, birngs you liabilties down big time. Though its only good if you've got your forever house etc..... otherwise no bank will touch you. I have a customer who turns over £300k a year.... shes a Ltd company, pays herself minimum wage and takes the rest in Dividends. This removes paying any NI on earnings, which saves 10% straight off.

Like deno says.... at the end of the day, the bigger your tax bill, the better your doing..... However, must admit, once you hit the 40% tax bracket, the drive does windle a bit knowing 40% of everything is going straight to HMRC.

At the end of the day, how do you want to live your life? I know people who clean 5 days a week and pay no tax what so ever..... but they also live in sh*t hole houses, so in the long run who's winning?

Make your money....pay your tax's and be happy. Also, if you ever want to sell the business, you can exactly say, well, I make loads of money honest..... its just i never declared it!
Great post, also to add whatever you make per week just put 25% of it in a savings account so when the old tax bill comes it will not feel so much of a burden then, or you can move to dubai
on the plus side you will not be paying any tax /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back