Totally Crashed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Pickingpaul, Mar 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I totally crashed energy wise yesterday :confused:

i did a good days work yesterday and was feeling ok. 8:30-4.00 so quite a lot of window cleaning but i like to work as hard as possible at the start of the week and hav days off towards the end.

my misses is on dialysis and i pick her up from work mon wed and fri and take her there at 6. Usually i cook her dinner pick her up drive her there and then stay there from 6-10:30ish, so its a long evening of it and its been pisĀ£ing me off after a year plus of this. But i cant moan about it as shes the one suffering from kidney failure.

So monday i did a long day and then cooked and off to dialysis as normal. After i watched tv for a while then went bed, was woken up all night by miss s cough as shes had a cold and cough past week.

I get up at 7 off window cleqning by 8:30 and as i said work d u til 4. I picked my misses up at 6 every night and often will get any shopping for dinner after work, so i drive off to tesco and then suddenly start feeling really shite, like im going to faint, i get what i need and go, drive home and want to go bed but have an hour to go before picking up my misses, so i sit lime a zombie, fuzzy, knackered. I get my misses and when we get home i go straight to bed and to sleep, i woke up around 8:30 and ate my dinner thn back to bed by 11.

Woke up this morning and off ndo cleqning soon, feel like ****, i think i got flu :sad: its dialysis again tonight

Advertisement
  2. luc

luc Well-Known Member

Paul you need to take a step back, your family comes first you may need to think about spreading your work load or make an adjustment to it you've got classic sign of burn out.
    Get swell soon mate.

3. TolishAPurd

You're going through a tough period matey. Lighten your load a bit, if you can. you need to make sure you keep yourself healthy or else you'll be no good for anything. Maybe nows the time to take on an apprentice?

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Bloody hell feel for you mate.
    I have days the same and my situation isn't as bad.
    I usually get up 6 drop the lad at work at 7.30 go home get my 5 year old ready for school do the school run then straight to work then school run again later in day,go home couple hour then missus comes home with are 2 year old girl so then cook tea then back out collecting for a hour back home put kids to bed and then do water and house work as doin house up sometimes it's 12 when I sit down then I carnt rest!!!!
    Actually went to docs over day they said I'm burnt out and suggested anti depressants to help unwind!!!
    What makes you mad is the ones who really need help don't get it from this **** government
    And us windies no to well the ones sat at home all day claiming benefits on there laptops face booking watching there led Tvs why we're out grafting to provide and support are family!!!'

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I think you need to take a couple of days off Paul and then play catchup when you have had some rest
    Don't wanna be feeling faint up a ladder

6. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

Just take it easy for a bit mate, make the most of the weekends if you don't work them.

Does the hospital not offer a shuttle bus even once a week for patients just kt give you the night off now and then

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

#7 Pickingpaul, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    Cheers lads, felt like i was having a right moan this morning.

I had just five houses to do and i got them done then took it easy all day, cooked dinner and im at dialysis now.

They offer transport for patients but wont pick anyone up at a work place, home only, so if u are a worker like she is no help there but i appreciate the treatment the nhs provides so much im more then prepared to take her.

I can book it so they bring her home at the end of it which is between 10:30-11. But they drop off a couple patients and she ends up at the back of the queue so ends up getting home after 11:30 and she always feels dizzy and ill afterwards and needs to go ly down. Besides im very fortunate as i live very near the dialysis unit, only a 10 min drive.

I think ive been trying as hard as i can to see how much is possible and basically that mean burn out when u do shopping cooking house work and taxi.

You all know what its like sometimes, when u get a mid week rainy day and u wish u had done more earlier in the week? Well ive figured just try and work all day, this was working until dark a while ago but now of course u can work on to 6 or so,

Thanks for comments

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I think she would want him there stuvy as it ain't no fun having dialysis. .i had a mate when i was a kid who needed it

9. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

True mate, i was all right working it was after

Fortunately im all done now, so no work tomorrow, but i want to go and canvass new customers, i have a lead to chase up

10. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Yeah for support and when she needs something i get it as u only got one hand free. I dont stop all night every time but i try to

Advertisement