Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price shopping customers

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Get a call to do a quote.

Two storey front, 3 windows and a door.

Drop down garden, three storey, 5 windows, patio doors,

Two side windows.

That will be £14 per month for the windows, frames, sills, blah blah blah, says I.

'Oh, the other guy quoted me £10' says she

'Why didn't you take his offer?' I ask.

'Wanted to see if I could get a cheaper price' she says

'Have a nice a day' I says as I start to walk off

'You don't want to offer a better price?' she asks

'Are you taking the pi$$? What would you do for a poxy tenner?' I ask

'Oh' she says

'Bye' Says I

There's always one! :rolleyes:

You did the right thing, been lucky I suppose and haven't had that problem but then I am reasonably priced anyway.

i Always say "Well you Pay for my time" hands Them my quote on a card and Are about to be walk of saying they give me a ring if they change their mind. All the sudden Price is no prob and they sign up lol. Rare it happen Maybe 3 times a year luckily

I've often had "Oh, our old window cleaner used to only charge £x". Some people seem incapable of putting 2 & 2 together & working out why the old window cleaner stopped coming in the first place....

Get these all the time

Facebook message yesterday asking for a quote 3 bed council semi

£12 says I

Bloody he'll she says you better be good at that price.

I said how much were you expecting?

Well I dint know I've never had a cleaner before

I just said ok well there my price let me know.

Today I got a call for a car valet booked it in with reception lady nice bmw £80 Half hour later guys calls back Erm not happy with the price I usually pay £40. I said it will take me 3 hours so I'm afraid that's my price. Asked him if he would wanr to sweat his **** off for 3 hours for 40 quid minus fuel tax and overheads. Apparently he didn't want to but expected me to.

Then I got a call last night for a carpet clean just 1 carpet and he laughed at me quoting him 40 quI'd which I thought was cheap.

Then today I've booked in a car valet at 120 and 4 bedroom carpets for 150.

Just goes to show the mentality of different people and why it's so hard to price when you have people thinking you are a rip off and others telling you you should charge more.

All good fun though makes you laugh sometimes

Back