Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad noob

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SlySquid

Hi all, I am usually a wfp warrior but I like to switch it up sometimes. When I have attempted traditional after squeegee I get left with soapy solution near the seals on the far left and far right of a window. I usually just wipe them down after with a microfibre and glass cloth. Is there a better way to do it, or any hints and tips would be great. Thanks

That's referred to as 'detailing'. This might be a bit controversial but Moerman Liquidator Channel has clips on the end that help to reduce detailing. It does take a bit of getting used to though. Polzn Bladz on YouTube has lots of vids on zero detailing but he does rattle on a fair bit and thinks very highly of himself!
Forgot to say I found Moerman blue rubber to be terrible!

That's referred to as 'detailing'. This might be a bit controversial but Moerman Liquidator Channel has clips on the end that help to reduce detailing. It does take a bit of getting used to though. Polzn Bladz on YouTube has lots of vids on zero detailing but he does rattle on a fair bit and thinks very highly of himself!
Forgot to say I found Moerman blue rubber to be terrible!
Ok thanks, so is the best thing to do just wipe around the seals with a cloth after squeegee?

Hi all, I am usually a wfp warrior but I like to switch it up sometimes. When I have attempted traditional after squeegee I get left with soapy solution near the seals on the far left and far right of a window. I usually just wipe them down after with a microfibre and glass cloth. Is there a better way to do it, or any hints and tips would be great. Thanks
I tend to use pure water which i use from a bucket, that i use as a trickle waste from reel hose as i don't have alot of trad work the odd occasion, so i just use it on applicator with wash liquid and just detail with glass cloth after squeegee you can't really completely eliminate the soap residue in the seals but its not noticeable from my experience and never had customer mention about it. I use the ergo ninja find it great at getting as close in to seals as possible

Use a clean dry cotton cloth. preferably a scrim or what I have been using recently are recycled surgeon cloths, they are 100% cotton and probably been washed at very high temperatures so they are soft as well as having a superior absorbency. Plus they are cheap so you can buy loads and use a clean one on each job and wash in the evening.

Latest Posts

Back