Trad To Wfp Did You Tell Your Customers?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jonathan French, Mar 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jonathan French

Hi

Seriously thinking about this wfp and wondering if its worth telling all my customers im about to move over to it, I have told a few and had a positive response but dont know if i should bother mentioning it to some as at the end of the day their windows will still be as clean if not cleaner.

Also got any tips about moving over, will all my windows need a good first clean or not? what type of brush to use and what type of windows to avoid or take care on?

cheers

Advertisement
  2. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

I told all my customers that i would be doing the tops with wfp and would no longer be using a ladder for saftey and insurance reasons most are fine and understand this!

Yes they will as all frames will have to be cleaned!

You will get different views on brushes it all comes down to preference in the end!

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would not bother to tell them myself just yet until the time comes when you are ready to change over. ;)

4. OoO

OoO Guest

THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE EVER!!! LOL!!

If you do swap over to WFP. Clean all the frames with pure water only. Especially the top frame. Make it spotless.

Then when you go round with WFP it will be soooo much easier

5. harunh

harunh Legend

U dont need to tell them
    Aslong as ther clean thats all that matters

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I told some, some I didn't tell and were fine with it, a lot of people are not in when I clean and have never seen me cleaning their windows so didn't tell them either.. I only lost 1 customer ( who I never told in advance ), didn't even get to finish his house, was an old boy who thought he knew better, was quite cheeky and didn't respect the fact I wanted to keep myself safe so I just walked away without trying to convince him.

I said for years wfp is rubbish. Took the plunge, only regret is I should have done it years ago!

7. Jonathan French

Thanks guys. Any windows to avoid?

8. joe34

joe34 Well-Known Member

Yeah i was going to ask the same thing as i'm swapping over soon ,i was cleaning some windows today with the squeege and just thought can wfp do as good a job as this? what about birds c**p and stains how does it work with that?

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

The bird pooped on the window after I left Mrs, honest! Or get ya ladder out and clean it properly, lolz.

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Iv had some leaks doing front doors.. Also old metal framed windows can leak if they have opening panes.. Some nasty wooden frames that haven't been painted can cause problems.. Other than that everything been fine with me..

Bird poop, I use tecbuk brushes, the hybrid is my number 1 brush, has boars hair in centre that eats bird poop.. If that dosent work, tecbuk brushes have scrapers attached, and I also use a tecbuk scrub pad, which I prefer to use.

Advertisement