Trad trolley

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Pickingpaul, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I forgot to show you my trad trolley after someone requested a look at it. In there at the moment is several bottles i fill with pure and add washing liquid, i then top up my boab as and when i need to, i find 3-4 bottles last me a full day but often only need 2-3. Next to that is a flask of tea, on the other side i normally have a cold drink in a bottle. In the pouch at the front is dry scims and microfibers, more than i really need but i never run out. I can have an additional squeegee in the holder. Next to the pouch is room for a lunch box with sandwiches in and whatever else i have.

At the top where my work belt is hanging i sometimes strap on a pouch for additional thi gs but havent latly as im using this 25l moerman bucket and i find everything i want fits in there. Before i had an 18L unger bucket and i found i wanted a bit more space which is why i upgraded size.

So its simple sitting on a regular £10 shopping trolley i nicked off my wife, the handle of the bucket fits over the trolley handle and amazingly there are feet on thee moreman buckets on the corners which perfectly slot over the metal frame of the trolley, i mean perfectly, theres not ever 1mm spare. In the handle of the bucket there is holes and ive attached a zip strap through these holes to the handle of the trolley making it all very secure.

I think daveyboy said a trad trolley is a bit ott, its probably true if u only have less than 20 customers in a spot and u need to get bk in the car but i have areas with say 150 houses all very close to each other and i never have any reason to go back to the car until i want to stop work, so this way i can take everything i need for a long day of work with no reason to stop and go bk to car and being on wheels makes it very easy to move around with ladders on other hand/shoulder.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

This is the zip strap on the handle, which is the only thing i did to this and no holes added anywhere

Attached Files:

3. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

And the perfectly sized feet

Attached Files:

4. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

I would be tempted to suggest using the ikea trolley i brought for my new wfp trolley design

5. TolishAPurd

I like the idea paul. It beats carrying a bucket and other gear around all day. Most of my customers are compact, but I need to drive between most jobs unfortunately. But if I ever get a load in walking distance I may give it a go.

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Ive worked on the same roads for 16 years now, and keep making effort to fill in the gaps shall we say, so works well for me, but i dont use it everyday or anything.

7. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

A lot of my work is close together, sometimes I'll move my van twenty metres round the corner in the whole day, but never leave it for more than two hours or so. I always take a break mid-morning, and stop at around 12:30 for a while. In the afternoon I don't usually stop, unless I get offered a drink. I don't see that you should push that hard (unless you were desperately behind). For this reason I have never bothered with a trolley, although I have seen them on Youtube. The other thing is that there seems to be a lot of stuff on the trolley. I've shown my belt on here, and it is set-up to cope with anything that might arise, so that I can move along and travel light.

8. cheapncheerful

i love it ...great idea....just wish i had that much work so close together....friggin annoying having to go back to the car and unlock and relock and then think oh....i need so and so also and unlock and relock.....great idea...

i hate having to go back to the car....it can be a long long walk just because.....grrrrrrr i forgot my sill cloth....but ..now evolved just....if i take out the wet sill cloth or dirty taytay cloth....er microfiber..i ...replace with new....evolution in progress...

9. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Yes, I agree, but when I started my work was spaced out, so I suppose it has evolved naturally for me.

10. cheapncheerful

yes getting there but ....it takes time..:D

Advertisement