Tradding Georgian Windows

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Rosewood, Feb 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Tomorrow I have three five bed detached houses to clean. Every window is Georgian, all have had wfp in the past but do not like them. I have cleaned them several times each time using a different technique and find ragging them all to be the quickest.
    Just wondered what techniques other people use when tradding Georgian

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

Small squeegy for me

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have an old applicator cut to about 5" and sleeve that i cut then turned inside out and sowed
    Liquidator that is exactly the right size to fit the clips on right up to an ettore handle so about 5" i reckon
    Trad the whole lot

Or just tell them you will wfp them and that's that.."any problems and I'll come back"
    Usually works

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

A few of my pubs are Georgian and don't want me to WFP the insides.

I have an Unger S-channel 6 inch that does most. I also have a 4 inch but that's a custom (home made) piece.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    6 inch Tbar to soapyscrub followed by scrim to buff

price high!

6. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Had this crazy idea about putting detergent in my backpack, washing with pole then drying with scrim. Think the idea is just a bit too crazy though.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. TolishAPurd

I have been using this method on monthly work for doors and the like. Saves a lot of time- just a small dab on each pane though.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    Raed1_IMG_16_0000.JPG iv learnt that a house full of georgian has to be priced 4 x more than usual., few will pay it. [plastic framed georgian as in my photo is even worse[ but if you dont charge that high you are a fool to yourself cos the effort needed in arm movements is easily 5 times a regular house . i recently dropped the house above off my round, id priced it about right 50 notes BUT eventually they started paying me slowly. took about half an hour each time to clean thats 4 of us . i used to do the upper front and 1 side only quite relieved when it went

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Those are easy waterfed
    It's jobs like that where I don't miss trad

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

boarcity has a very valid point. I have a small coyttage full of Georgian (due tomorrow :( ) Takes almost an hour in and out and they pay £50 for it.

I will add they are millionaires so can afford it.

It was priced by a canvasser whom was told ti base all prices on £1 per minute.

Advertisement