Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protecktor Coat ISSUES!!!

Parky

My van got fitted with a system at Pure Freedom this week (Very happy) there was an issue with waterproof paint being sent out. So the lads did half the floor and installed the system. So the other half was left me. So yesterday afternoon I got my radiator roller and tray and finished the job. Made a good job of it. Not a spot on my clothes.

I did manage to get it on my hands. CAN I GET IT ******* OFF? NO!!! I’ve tried everything. Fairy Liquid, Bleach, Paint thinner, sugar, white spirts, I even tried Vanish remover that burnt my hands (It also disintegrated my nail brush)

Checked the label after. "Apply with gloves and wash off immediatley if contacts skin" **** MY LIFE!!!!!!

I’m sat in my office wearing all blue just to match my ******* hands!!

Any ideas chaps? The other half’s already calling me a Smurf. So get the insults in!!!

I’m giving them a day off today as there still killing.

What a ****!!!! /emoticons/biggrin.png:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know about that paint in particular. My guess is that its going to need to wear off now it's dried.

But, I find many ground in, tough to remove grime will be helped off with zif/jif/cream cleaner. A bit of water on your hands, rub in a good squirt of cream cleaner, and it helps take off all sorts of grime. Rub it in well for a min or two then rinse it off.

Its a bit abrasive, so basically speeds up the process of of grime / paint wearing off.

If its waterproof paint, have you considered covering the rest of your hands? It would Save money on gloves. You could be on to something here /emoticons/wink.png

I did the same with bitumen last week a d was panicking. It came straight off with solvent glue remover.

If u can't get it off you need to find out what's in it from the manufacturer they should know how to get it off

Have you checked the web site? No kidding get medical advice if need be, it will be preventing the skin from breathing and will mess with your circulation, could do real harm.
Get it sorted mate.

lol you smokeing pot again messing with circulation ! ive never heard so much ****

I've got it one my hands before and it does come off mate. It just takes time. Don't force it, just wash with soap / shower gel as often as you can.

Back