Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A little bit of info

Amos

Hi fellow windys just wanted a little bit of info on how to write some flyers out really attract the customer as I have never needed to put flyers through doors before I want to employ somebody any ideas guys how to really promote your window cleaning business

I use flyers but i usually only.post them.to neighbours of any new customer i get as chances are there is no windy in that cluster of houses

Did a little leafletting earlier in a road i picked up 3 new jobs in (1 off Facebook and 2 of her neighbours )

2 people came out and called me over so now have 5 in that road

Not bad for a sunday morning

I use similar technique to daveyboy wherever I am working i canvass or leaflet if no answer as many houses on road I'm working as I have time for. Building up nice compact areas for jobs.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd just wondered what advertising you to online to get to £240pm It's obviously working for ya.. I get plenty of Facebook just using free groups and some off free yell ad

I know you have one of gavs web sites but I think the monthly cost is minimal. Interested to see what also you do online with the money as may try someof them

I found flyers a waste of time 1 for every 100 I think knock door and face to face best and I definitely would not trust anyone to put through door
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
1-2 responses to printed advertising is considered a good response in the advertising world. These days with less people using printed media (newspapers, magazines etc) the response average is considered to be good at 0.4%

Online marketting is the way forward. Social media and building a database plus a network of people who refer you.

It depends on your business I think if purely window cleaning then canvass there's no need to mess about doing anything else imo.

These last few months I've been using d local magazine and google adwords to good effect. Window cleaning enquiries directly are not that high and canvassing or leafletting would produce faster but the way it works for me is I'm advertising half a dozen services so do a get a steady stream of enquiries for various things. This often leads to an opportunity to sell window cleaning to the customer or a neighbour to see you working. Drumming up a lot of activity in general and being out and about brings in enquiries. Any emails I am getting are put into the database and every job gets asked fir their email address to market to at a later date.

For windows like I said it's not nesacary but if you offer multiple services its great.

I'm currently doing away with sepetate websites and building one site for all services and look to drive all traffic to it.

1 customer per 100 is an excellent return btw that's about 1 an hour. I've never had that return.

I use similar technique to daveyboy wherever I am working i canvass or leaflet if no answer as many houses on road I'm working as I have time for. Building up nice compact areas for jobs.
@Green Pro Clean Ltd just wondered what advertising you to online to get to £240pm It's obviously working for ya.. I get plenty of Facebook just using free groups and some off free yell ad

I know you have one of gavs web sites but I think the monthly cost is minimal. Interested to see what also you do online with the money as may try someof them
My web page by Gav does generate a steady stream of enquiry and yes his costs are very reasonable at just £10 per month I think it is.

My advertising is not related to Gav or my web site as it happens and sorry but it's not a strategy I am open to sharing at present.

Ive never used flyers, always knock doors and if they say not right now ill give them a business card. The last 3 times out ive had a 35% ask for quotes and 80% of them say yes, all 1st cleans done and 3 cancelled after 1st clean. Im now working on gaining recommendations on an incentive scheme of £2 off clean for every custy recommended after the 3rd clean. One custy gave me 4 which are booked in for this week, no effort required on my behalf.

Back