Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water from fish shops

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hinty

Noticed that a few members are buying their water from fish shops.

Bear in mind that the Aquatic R.O. systems do not always have a DI stage, so the water may not be zero tds.

Bearing in mind that even a well maintained RO system can vary between 5 and 15 tds before the DI, and higher if the water pressure drops, or the filters need changing it is worth testing it for yourself before use, or using a DI filter before you use it.

Have seen these small DI filters that may not last long but can be refilled, and are nice and small to fit on a trolley somewhere. (In a van it is easier to use a bigger DI pressure vessel).

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=110

Dave

i thought you meant chippy's at first! would'nt fancy cleaning with brine.

untill i came on this forum i had no idea people bought their water, for me it'd be to much hassle going there and filling up. most folk say you can clean safely up to 10ppm, but i like to keep it below 3, but i've heard of it being used at 20+ ! probably depends on the glass?

I never thought of this either, for me its much less hassle to produce my own when needed but i can see why it might be helpful to some.

I have used mine between 25-50 with out realizing as had not checked water for a while and never had a problem or complaints. I do however try to keep it below 10.

no offence lads i wouldnt buy water when 1 bag of tulsion resin costing 75 quid does me for 1 year if you calculate what water is costing possibly 2k a year thats a lot of dead money

Latest Posts

Back