Traditional pole info needed

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by bazzer, Feb 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

hi guys i am thinking of tradding downstairs windows (wfp at moment) it seems a few on here use wagtail flipper on pole could someone tell me please which pole and what size channel is best for domestic work also best place to buy from i come on here most nights and read stuff but am not very good at typing so i suppose im classed as a lurker lol just dont tell the wife anyway any info would be really appreciated thanks

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you want to trad with a pole a wagtail slimline flipper is best
    If you modify the channel it works a dream and can 0 detail on a pole
    Or you can put a liquidator channel straight into the handle and attach the velcro clips for the scrubber pad and not need to modify the channel
    Watch Bob's ( polzn bladz ) new vid on youtube (the only one on there at the mo and see how it is done
    He helped me to get to 0 detailing on a pole as detailing is what slows you down tradding
    12" channel i use as i find it is the best compromise. .not too small for bigger glass and not too big for small openers

3. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

thanks for that daveyboy will follow advice 0 detailing sounds good and 12" channel sounds good too just one other thing mate which pole would you get and where from gonna check polzn bladz vid he **** hot with pole and squeegee cheers matey

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

why would you go backwards??? wfp everything if you have all the kit out already!

5. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

its just a few houses that i still trad and too good to let go sojust fancy a go poling them

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Nothing wrong with using your trad skills now and then
    I know if my wfp gear packed up I could grab my pole and tools and still do a days work without a ladder
    Tradding is a skill that took years to perfect to my standard and i am not just going to forget it now

Best to use a harris decorators pole if you wanna do top floor windows and an unger adjustable angle for the end and optiloc cone as a wag fits perfect on that also or a small similar pole (i think they do a tiny one) for ground floor stuff
    Harris poles are in the decorators section at b@q

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

B n Q and Homebase Sell the best small trad poles , theyre hanging up next to the harris poles in the decorating section in BnQ . made of aluminium,i swear by them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

i agree daveyboy its a great skill to have and why let it go rusty wfp is great but can get a bit tedious at times its quick but somehow tradding feels more professional if you know what i mean and thanks again will get the gear from baq was doing a bit of poling on own house downstairs windows with a bog standard squeege and old bit of pole surprisingly good results but was a lot of bending and funny turns i suppose the wag will eliminate most of that lol

9. tiktik

tiktik Active Member

Errrm to the rcproperty guy seriously alot of times trad is
    quiker
    cheaper
    faster
    less faff
    and morr imprrssive
    than waterfed pole

10. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

i agree tiktik although the 23 houses i done today were all wfp i dont think i could have done them all trad as some 3 storey dormers and big patio doors with loads of glass panels each side but i agree sometimes not worth reeling hose out i think each way as its place mate

Advertisement