Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional versus WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

John d hawkins

Hi all I'm 52 and have been laid off work. I'm considering going back on the windows after 35 years out of the game. Other than cost of setting up what are pro and cons of WFP compared to traditional cleaning for a born again cleaner

Last edited by a moderator:
One con for a born again trad cleaner would be the learning curve of WFP, but if you watch a few videos or have someone show you the ropes you can clean slow but reliably good within a day.

WFP is awesome, just need the right mindset and don't rush.

Looking at the shape of houses these days, conny here, velux windows there, whopping extensions that jut out blocking ladder access to the back bedroom windows, the narrow driveway full of clutter that won’t allow a safe ladder angle, The loft conversion, the roof lantern, the porch with polycarbonate roof sheets, the sash windows, the leaded windows. Every house has some sort of inconvenience feature that would make trad a nightmare, you’d have to say to most customers “i cant reach these windows as i cant get a ladder to it”
People won’t have that in this day & age, as they know they could hire a wfp guy to reach the lot.
Then there’s the safety issues, the car thats parked smack bang where your ladder needs to be, the slippery decking, the uneven ground and the prized begonias, the rockery or pond that just so happens to be right where your ladder needs to be.

Its a no brainer for me dude...trad has limited uses but 90% of work is for wfp

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I started up again and was completely Trad, now I still do Trad bottoms, but after first cleans usually use packpack and wfp for upstairs for reasons stated by other members

Back