Traffic wardens sign

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Oct 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

Thought this might be of use to those of you working in the tight streets. Cambridge is a nightmare in the old terrace streets. Lots of restricted/residents parking. All credit to the traffic wardens of the city, they do a good job and I have never had any problems with them. I always stick a note on my dashboard saying where I'm working, and mentioning that its front and back, just in case they don't see a ladder and think its someone pulling a fast one. Fed up of writing notes I had a custom sign made up that I can use a dryboard marker on....

[​IMG]

Nice and bright so it doesn't get lost in the clutter on my dashboard.

Heres the ebay link for the place that made it, absolute bargain, I didnt even bother making an offer; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1-CU...00068&clkid=621399519433207569&_qi=RTM2108002
    Friendly emails,the guy even uses one himself for sign installs. It was at my door 2 days later. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

excellent find.you also use these as lawn signs.

3. TolishAPurd

I've had a bit of time on my hands today so I was thinking of other possibilities. I fancy getting a swingboard sign made up for when I do pressure washing jobs etc.

4. TolishAPurd

Something like this;

[​IMG]

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

tbh it was pressure washing I had one in mind for,with recently buying one.do you know were to get the metal base from to hold the sign?

6. TolishAPurd

Theres quite a few on ebay second hand mate, saw them this afternoon.

Not not be too bad an idea for windows, maybe just a small spike or something- cheap and quick to deploy. lol

7. mark

mark Forum Addict

thanx:will order some signs now,cheaper than vista print[​IMG]

8. simon

simon Guru

great idea mate, just ordered one

9. TolishAPurd

Should be worth its weight in gold mate. Over the course of a few months its going to save me quite a bit of time.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I have a sandwich board that I have made up, next year there are 3 lush villages near me (cricket greens and tea cakes) that have village halls, committees and annual shows.

I plan to sponsor their programs next year to get my name on the front of the booklets that go through every door in the villages and also have a stand with leaflets, inquiry forms, etc at their annual village fairs.

Going to hire a couple of busty girls in company t-shirts a size too small and short shorts to walk around the events handing out my leaflets. :))

Advertisement