Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam curtis

Hi a quick question any one else find the tips of the rubber wearing very quickly in the liquidators mine seems to start leaving lines after a hour or two I've tryed hard,soft,razor red all seem to do the same any tips cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi a quick question any one else find the tips of the rubber wearing very quickly in the liquidators mine seems to start leaving lines after a hour or two I've tryed hard,soft,razor red all seem to do the same any tips cheers

Will all dog eared channels you will find that rubber wears a little quicker at the ends. Soft rubber can wear very quickly especially on older frames. Razer Red is by far the best. I get great longevity from that but I do have all handles set at 25° now. More soap than normal to increase slip, 25° handle. A little bit of support at the clip ends in the form of plastic or wire sliver at the back between clip and rubber. Soft touch on the glass and you should be good to go.

I use razr and can do at least a couple of months without flipping the rubber and that is with constant use

I use razr and can do at least a couple of months without flipping the rubber and that is with constant use
You wouldnt get that long with my razr batch, they are good for a week and thats not constant use:(

I've ditched the razrblade red and gone back to Unger hard, like others have said, it leaves too many lines. I liked it to start with, maybe it is a bad batch?

Cheers lads I can't get on with the razored it seems to leave loads of lines all seem to disappear but I don't like seeing it I had moareman hard in it today works well just the tip fraying on it

Will all dog eared channels you will find that rubber wears a little quicker at the ends. Soft rubber can wear very quickly especially on older frames. Razer Red is by far the best. I get great longevity from that but I do have all handles set at 25° now. More soap than normal to increase slip, 25° handle. A little bit of support at the clip ends in the form of plastic or wire sliver at the back between clip and rubber. Soft touch on the glass and you should be good to go.
.....you put something between your blue clip and your rubber Eric?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi Keefo yes, just a small piece of small zip tie between the back of the clip and the rubber. Acts like a retention clip and holds the rubber perfectly solid. Bob gave me the tip a couple of weeks ago. Works well. Nice bit of fine tuning...

No detailing here mate

@Adams0211 has seen me tradding and he'll tell you

I sometimes detail the bottom edge on seal less windows as i don't like to leave the soap sitting there but that's about it

you may get the lines from time to time,but no detailing.i hate it!! but carnt work without it

I can work without it as i would go back to modding my own channels

But the liquidators work perfectly for me and i don't get the metal modded channels scraping on the frames

Lovely jubbly

Back