Trailer For Pressure Washing

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by johnny bravo, Jan 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

have any of you use or used a trailer for pressure washing work.
    what size would i need , i know id need a type of ramp looked on ebay you can get ramps for trailer.
    i have an estate car but still use it for family etc, otherwise id have a small van. i can always take trailer off and use car for family etc. looked on ebay @ trailers plentifull different models to pick from, get a couple of jacks to support trailer when loading and unloading pressure washer from rear trailer.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Depends what machine you use, most people use a small one that you can carry, and then a generator that stay on trailer, are you going to carry water aswell or use customers?

3. johnny bravo

i mean a normal trailer to tow on car, carrying water will probably be too heavy weight as well as the pressure washer, will be using wheely bin and using customers water. till i get things sorted.

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Window cleaner I know uses a trailer and carry 250lt water plus hose reels box batteries and trolleys, think it must be a 500kg payload. Could even have a jet washer in the boot of the car?

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Lol

6. johnny bravo

UNDERSTANDABLE, would need to know weight load of trailer, but would be hard to find unless you use a branded trailer like erde to find out online from manufactures website., got to have right base for weight., if i didnt use car for family id get a van, cant be helped. i know business comes first but there is usually an alternitive which makes life harder. keep looking on ebay. even looked at bowsers but they seem a wee bit too big to put in driveway.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Anyhow if you just want a smallish trailer to carry a portable petrol pressure waher kit about then an smallish erde type traller would do just fine.

I've got to pop out now that the temp has risen to do a tarmac drive, patio and paving job. Will be taking 2 pressure washers (one as a backup) so will stick one in my small van and the other in my small trailer. Simples....

Have to carry all my wfp kit, guttervac kit etc so having a tralier aswell does come in handy for pressure washing work rather than buying and running a larger van. :D

9. Richard Barnes

Richard Barnes Well-Known Member

Over 750kg a trailer has to be braked, so if you want to carry water thats what you want!

10. johnny bravo

yeah carrying water will be added weight you dont need. pressure washer weighing around 55 - 85 kg. plenty of time yet to get.it, weather in uk as expected. more time to save up for a decent hona model, unless one comes up on ebay etc, hopefully local, ones iv seen too far, 200 miles +.., got a few drives lined up with my window cleaning customers at a discount allowing me to gain experience, and they will be able to point out any mistakes i may make.

Advertisement