Trainers??

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by daveyboy, Jul 16, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My mate works for sky and says they are not allowed on ladders without boots as the heels will stop your foot slipping off the rungs and through the ladder
    I can't get on with working in boots as I can't run around on sloped roofs without the grip of my trainers
    anyone else or just me?

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yeh sky are very health and safety and i suppose you can understand that...me i like my trainers...but they just died, the sole has come undone..ahhh but i also like my boots as they feel comfortable....but if i do conny walking which i am not supposed to do any more...trainers gave me the best grip...until you drip water on the bars and then:eek:

i have as always only bought cheapncheerful trainers but i do need a good pair...generally boots are a winter thing and i actually like pumps as they are very cheapncheerful..i suppose whatever you feel comfortable in and doesnt get
    to pongey....:rolleyes:

of course the grip thing in our job is important..i was wondering what those guys that walk around power washing roofs actually wear on thier feet...:eek:

ouch that slip through and bang your shin on the rungs thing...done that a few times...musnt run!:)

3. norm

norm Grand Master

trainers for me too

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a sky fellah chatted to me the other year banging on about how wrong it was me on a ladder not tied off. but then added he had jus returned to worked after 6 months off cos he fell and dislocated his shoulder on the way up his ladder !
    my opinion trainers are the best for our job,year round .

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

How can we tie a ladder off..take a hilti gun on all jobs and ruin customers walls:oops:

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

health n safety has gone overboard with the Sky mob. theyve over-egged the omelette

7. TolishAPurd

I wear safety trainers. Basically trainers with steel toe caps. Really comfortable and light, but with a little bit of protection. Theone day I didn't wear them, I dropped the class 1 ladder on my big toe.:rolleyes:

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I like to be comfy
    Doing self assessment and putting in receipts for nike air max..lol

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I found trainers best for ladder work and also for walking on roofs. But they used to get soaked when you walked on grass in the colder months. I wear walking boot/trainers that are Goretex now.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

mercury = great grip but lasts just a few weeks.adidas =good grip,usually get a year out of

Advertisement