Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY Heavy Duty Trolley Step by Step/Van mount, pics (PART 1)

Had some bother fitting my pump control. I had tried screwing onto back of box but it meant adjuster was to near edge of box. I then moved it further from edge n more central but circuit board was now not able to be fixed to back of box.

Take it you are using a cheaper ebay type controller?. You could just lengthen the wire for the adjuster, if you like the controller where you had it. Just a thought. I bought one of those but chose not to use it. I might if I build a back up "cheap" trolley set up.

Just putting one of these together, and annoyingly the electrical junction box I bought doesn't fit between the side rails with the with the lid on, so have to feed it all in from the other side... i had hoped to be able to mount it on hooks so it could be lifted off for charging or to protect against frost... Could you provide a link to the electrical box you used if it can be lifted in and out of the back of the trolley?

Just putting one of these together, and annoyingly the electrical junction box I bought doesn't fit between the side rails with the with the lid on, so have to feed it all in from the other side... i had hoped to be able to mount it on hooks so it could be lifted off for charging or to protect against frost... Could you provide a link to the electrical box you used if it can be lifted in and out of the back of the trolley?
Looked at Jimmy's, does not look as though that size is meant to fit between the trolley framework. Where exactly are you trying to fit it? Are you not talking about the pump box?

I don't have the link but I bought mine from ebay. Seller ID is seldirect (southend electrical limited). Hope that helps, I fitted mine from the "back" also, not really an issue tbh.

hey jimmy i have pretty much order everything other than Shurflo 100psi pump analogue flow controller strainer fittings pack.

The only thing i need to get my head round is charging up the Lucas battery.

Your picture below is the charging plug for charging the lucas battery i presume.. well I haven't ordered a charger plug... where you get the charger plug from and the charger to fit into charger plug.

IMG_20150315_100507542_zpsfdsmrvar.jpg

IMG_20170214_173637941.jpg

Yeah, I have tried getting the Lidl battery charger but Lidl are not selling them at the moment. Got my eye on screwfix car battery for £15.99... Hopefully it just as good.

Back