Trials and tribulations of door knocking

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by SolarPanelCleaning, Nov 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Started at ten today, got nowt til 2pm and then four on the trot.

For those out there, I feel your pain. But keep chipping away..........,

Sorry been on the gin again.

My van is feeling it though, stop start stop start poor belt .

Some weird lady answered the door in a cloak. I immediately thought 'no'. Not sure what witchy stuff was happening but she came good. A regular £15 clean. Witches eh?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Well done :thumbsup:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Door knocking can be sole distroying for sure so well done to you for keeping at it :thumbsup:

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Knock every door thinking positive and that you have got a great service you can offer them. If you sound disheartened they will pick up on this and you will not get your foot in the door so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Well done mate, thats given me some inspiration that has. Thank you

Well today, I flyered 80 flyers and then door knocked, done about 40 houses then I went to do a clean I had booked, completed that and then door knocked 30 more. I have not felt so low in ages. I really have spent time getting my ideas down and presenting them in a really professional manner, nice flyers, done by vista, web site and FB, its going slow, so today out of 70 doors knocked not one! I got in the car and I will admit I had tears, felt worthless and low, just not felt this before, its really tuff, the thing is I am sat on FB non stop all day night plugging away, groups checking etc, its given me 9 custys. So worth it but lot of work, I then go out, smart and I have a clean image and good speach, I worked in ofice and customer service for 12 years, so I am comfortable and come across easy going and genuine, just do not get it, where is it going wrong? Or is it? am I expecting too much too soon.

Felt so dam low, I actually thought about all the comments on here and that turned me around. Going back out tomorrow shift some flyers then door knocking, then FB and online to search for ideas.

I see so many windies, I think this area is all taken, but there are 1000,s and 1000's of houses and I am getting some 12 in total now, but I do wonder how many are left, I just need to keep motivated, losing it a bit. I feel there are a lot of wanna be windys that have no real life plan and I am losing to them, all i hears is £6 our windy, WFT on a large 3 bedroom, I can not compete with it, I think thats too little to even take. 12 windows £6. I prob would have to if offered.

Anyway, any tips on how to stay motivated, I am now again but worry a bit now, I really want this, I really want to grow and learn and become a good windy and push the business further....

Thanks guys, cheers SPC post is motivating me:)

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#6 boarcity, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
    could be you lads who are finding it slow going are living in a depressed area- if so, travel to towns where things are booming. id think that LONDON would be easily within your reach Scottie .sleep in your car if necessary - take a huge quilt as its winter now.
    you never hear of london boys bleating that they cant find work is the point im getting at .

i live in a depressed coastal town and i travel inland and south to big towns rather than make great efforts in my own town. [ as it happens iv slowly built up a 1- days -work - a -week in my own town,but its took 6 yrs to get it !]

now and again i see a local lad new startup attempt to get a round going in this fading town,theyre doomed unless they travel to get work in other more lucrative towns .

7. I live in an affluent area, lots of solar panels! it's just one of the most sparsely populated areas in the country. Nearest town is 7 miles away and that has a population of only two thousand! About 3/4 of people aren't in when I go looking for work, even on Saturdays. Everyone is very polite though. Had no rudeness yet. It's all good.

8. Scottie

I live in a nice area, it has a split of lower class houses and high class, 60k houses and 2 million houses. I have not really fliered the council ones much or town areas, I am today now and there small 1 and 2 bed houses, terraced, I may have been silly and should have done them and been caught in that if you have a decent house youw ill pay mind, but anyone whom has a house small or big wants clean windows, so trying a new area today, the houses are close so should shift a good 100 today before I have to be elsewhere.

The door knocking will kick tomorrow, its raining hard, not ideal to turn up on a door step. So tomorrow I want to see again how door knockign goes and if it is cracked up to what people say. I will do minimum 50 houses, I hope I cna get one form 50 ratio, say 2 out of a 100 would that be asking too much? I wonder what a ball park ratio is, must be soem data out there.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Where's that bloke from Grimsby gone who was getting a minimum of 8 new jobs a day? I'm sure he could give you a few tips ;)

Another thing to try is this. If you have more than one job in a street, don't do them both the same day. Do them on different days to up the odds of you being seen working. Of course, when you're up and running you will be condensing the round as much as possible.

10. Scottie

Thanks tuffers. Wow 8 jobs a day, I hear people on forums and they say this and that but when you go out its nothing like it. I have got 2 jobs form 2000 flyers, the flyers are smart and well printed and have all the info on them. If someone wants a windy they want one, I just feel so many out there its locked down, but then I have got 12 so must be some bits about. The thing that gets me is I see some guys about doing 3 beds for £5 and £6 I can not compete with that, or I may have to?

Must be the time of year also, but then again peeps on here are getting customers in flyering door knocking.

The door knocking, I am fine with, dont like it much but I can communicate well and come across easy going and genuine but have confidence due to my previous work of talking to hostile people and problems. So its easy, I stand side wasy to door all the usual good tactics, smart/casual, well spoken, (polite) and happy. Just not working, maybe its the aftershave, Ill change that. Thing is these peoples windows are ******* awful, all of them and the house are nice house's, I could not live with frames and windows that bad looks ****.

Just gotta plug on, flyering and door knocking tomorrow, well flyer the ones that are not in and note em down and go back another time. Just got to try do 100 tomorrow, must get one form 100. come on!!!!

Either I dont I will have to pay Whizz Bizz a visit, I am not giving in on this. Then hit the local papers and any media promotion.
    FB is working, slow, I put non stop hours in on it, but got 9 I think it is form it.

Thanks

Advertisement