Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking on too much work

Legend

I'm working full time but the window cleaning work is getting really busy on my days off,what shall I do?

I really work as normal in winter doesnt really effect me much...

gets very hectic in december trying to rush around with the shortest days and holidays coming but its soon jan and starts brightening up...

dont be scared as there is always work to do..

even now I have an inside to do if I want as in if its raining...

and as for cleaning my own windows...:whistle:

BUT....to be fair....no sick pay no holiday pay injured and your fecked...something you have to have in mind being self employed...

I really work as normal in winter doesnt really effect me much...
gets very hectic in december trying to rush around with the shortest days and holidays coming but its soon jan and starts brightening up...

dont be scared as there is always work to do..

even now I have an inside to do if I want as in if its raining...

and as for cleaning my own windows...:whistle:

BUT....to be fair....no sick pay no holiday pay injured and your fecked...something you have to have in mind being self employed...
Yeah that makes spence,I think I just have to bit the bullet

Do it mate, u'd be mad not too. 12 months of the year! Turn up every month! Get knockin on them doors & be brave. Dont turn down work!get it while u can. Chase the queens head fella!!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

any way legend....thats what the forum is for to moan about what the weather does to our plans..:rofl:

and according to the mail....re post on here...we are in for a bad winter...

ahhhh,more chair time..send wifey out to work....well...I may load the dishwasher../emoticons/biggrin.png

Keeping a roof over your head, feeding the family and paying all the bills are the main priorities. You can only make that discussion yourself which is a bitter pill to swallow if you get it wrong.

Jack the job and throw EVERYTHING at window cleaning. As long as you canvass 8 hours a day you'll be fine.

There are lots of quotes from people like Henry Ford-car chap,Goethe-cocky German ?Napoleon,Churchill etc basically saying burn your boats and commit yourself 100% .I've done this several times and to be honest even though it can scare the **** out of you.it has always worked-not made millions but there is something liberating about completely cutting off from what you were previously doing-it kind of cleans your brain out of unnecessary ****..if you have any serious medical probs that could screw your earning potential it might be worth speaking to someone you respect,-on reflection thats just suggesting a girly way out. .when your pals and family know you are committed to something and working your ********-doors will open up for you in unexpected ways.As Boarcity wisely says -you already know the answer.I think most people know if they could be arsed they could stick another £20 a days worth of business i.e.£620 amonth by doing a bit of door knocking but like me take the easy road too often and dont .There's enough advice on this site to make a very good days money from people like Smurf on gutter cleaning and pvc cleaning.Two half decent jobs a day should get you £30k p.a.ish.

Jack the job and throw EVERYTHING at window cleaning. As long as you canvass 8 hours a day you'll be fine.
that last line is absolutely critical. so many new guys do the initial few days of canvass but then backpeddle when the results arent great. you have to dig deep and press on ,as if your life depends on it-well your livelihood DOES depend on it . its so important to get a toehold and the only way is canvass canvass canvass , for months on end

Unless you have plenty of savings its going to be very hard, full of anxiety, panic not knowing if youre going to pay the bills etc, you just have to make your move.

I started my business about a year ago and im still skint, but i am just about paying the bills and have a plan.

What i did in the begining was quit my full time job without ANY source of income, i had car valeting gear but no customers and had no idea about how to run a business. External influences pushed me to be so reckless (i had just been turfed out by my ex after 10 years who had met someone else so ended back up at my parents depressed.)

Anyway as soon as i realised i couldnt make enough money quick enough with car valeting so applied for a part time jo and got it. i then had to wait 4 months and scrimped n saved to pay a canvasser to get me a few hundred of work.

Ive tried canvassing myself but just cant do it, never mind ive stopped worrying about it now, currently waiting for August when i have booked another canvasser in meanwhile just about getting by.

If you can canvass it will be easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back