Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling Pure Water

Squeak and Bubbles

Anyone else selling pure water and if so how much are you selling it for?

I have just started selling it to a few windy's near me for 1p a ltr, I know the word will get round. Could make a few $$$$ a week from it.

I use to get my water from omnipole mate your selling it too cheap, omnipole charge £30 for 500 litres !!!

People from all over london and surrounding areas go there to fill up it use to be £20 for 500 but now they have put it up to £30

There's a guy selling at merseyside sells for more than a 1p though did try sourcing water before getting van set up didn't find anything local great enterprise idea but would keep price up a little to expand it as may do a lot better than you expect with cost of fuel

Interesting, 2p a ltr would be good then.. Having 4040's produces a lot of pure water and cheaply. Yes you have to factor in electric (for the pump) and resin cost (polisher), but 2 or 3p a ltr is still cheap by the sound of things.

Realistically would price in storage costs as if competition as poor as I think it is you could do quite nicely try

What made look at sourcing water was it would be cheaper to build a round near the water source on bigger distances than travelling slower with full tanks on board and weight costs although its not much the time being the biggest factor on longer journeys this was when I first got into the idea of wfp and ideas have changed since then but it's the initial ideas that we usually stick with

Legionnaires control measures may effect you if you turn over lots of supply think some others have mentioned the subject in other posts not that expensive to control more a discipline

Legionnaires control measures may effect you if you turn over lots of supply think some others have mentioned the subject in other posts not that expensive to control more a discipline
If he is turning it over quick then there will be no risk of it, its just when it's left stagnant and that's when there is the risk of it startin

If he is turning it over quick then there will be no risk of it, its just when it's left stagnant and that's when there is the risk of it startin
I thought the same and common sense says so but do know a lad in the cleaning business has a few vans on road and as had a visit concerning legionnaires only had to prove he cleaned the tanks and that was that was a couple of years ago when the Cumbria shopping centre thing went off somebody getting keen but you never know who's going to knock all he does is keep a file with a4 sheets in and the dates their cleaned goes on the sheets

I thought the same and common sense says so but do know a lad in the cleaning business has a few vans on road and as had a visit concerning legionnaires only had to prove he cleaned the tanks and that was that was a couple of years ago when the Cumbria shopping centre thing went off somebody getting keen but you never know who's going to knock all he does is keep a file with a4 sheets in and the dates their cleaned goes on the sheets
There is no way of knowing if there is any of it in your water unless u always send samples to a lab for testing, so unless he is doing that then he is wasting his time.

Few months ago my daughter was in hospital in HDU with the same symptoms of it and they run tests for it and found she was clear so have had to sort things out myself to, had water board come round to to take samples and do tests and they said there is no way of knowing if there is or not until labs have run all the tests.

There is no way of knowing if there is any of it in your water unless u always send samples to a lab for testing, so unless he is doing that then he is wasting his time.
Few months ago my daughter was in hospital in HDU with the same symptoms of it and they run tests for it and found she was clear so have had to sort things out myself to, had water board come round to to take samples and do tests and they said there is no way of knowing if there is or not until labs have run all the tests.
Don't want to hijack the post subject but I think you've hit the nail on the head as no way of knowing if its there visually the guys from environmental take the view prevention is the best cure they want a working knowledge and schedule clean of tanks work on a lot of different sites where the precautions go beyond belief guy turns up to check shower heads used daily they are removed from shower including hose placed in sealed tubs removed from site cleaned in solution at contractors van taken back to shower and refitted on a monthly bases the guy doing the job the one at most risk doesn't even have ppe another site as only 1 shower and you would have to be issued with shower head and hose new from packet different over the top precautions but this is the level of fear nowadays

Out of the 1000s of wfp guys who use the system, I have never heard that they have passed on legionnaires to anyone. Water turn around is too quick.

I asked Xline(shop) on friday if they would sell me some, (cause they used to sell it like £25 for 650ltrs)

They said they don't sell any more unless a windie, has something wrong with system and they will help them out, they said they wouldnt sell anymore cause lads who work for them would turn up at lunchtime with no water and they would have to make more.

So if you do make sure you don't run out yourself!

Out of the 1000s of wfp guys who use the system, I have never heard that they have passed on legionnaires to anyone. Water turn around is too quick.
You wouldn't need to do anything drastic just download the sheets from hse website and prove you clean your tanks during holiday periods and that the water doesn't stand for long periods as a visiting hse officer probably wouldn't understand the process and would visually just see water storage containers just keeps em off your case

I asked Xline(shop) on friday if they would sell me some, (cause they used to sell it like £25 for 650ltrs)
They said they don't sell any more unless a windie, has something wrong with system and they will help them out, they said they wouldnt sell anymore cause lads who work for them would turn up at lunchtime with no water and they would have to make more.

So if you do make sure you don't run out yourself!
My shed is now big enough to have 2x1000 ibc tanks installed. Water pump makes 1000L in around 5 hours, a lot of water in a short time.

My shed is now big enough to have 2x1000 ibc tanks installed. Water pump makes 1000L in around 5 hours, a lot of water in a short time.
Feeling a bit daft now squeak thought you where going a lot bigger than that and not just in shed appoligies

Feeling a bit daft now squeak thought you where going a lot bigger than that and not just in shed appoligies
Hey dude, nothing wrong with working out of a shed... I don't have an office I work from home, not that big, but don't want to be that big, don't want the hassle of chaps not turning up for work, and being late, not doing there job properly. I like to keep my finger on the pulse.
The garden shed, has just been made pacifically for my wfp system. All kitted out to keep Jack frost out, full electrics, water supply the fully monty :)

Hey dude, nothing wrong with working out of a shed... I don't have an office I work from home, not that big, but don't want to be that big, don't want the hassle of chaps not turning up for work, and being late, not doing there job properly. I like to keep my finger on the pulse.
The garden shed, has just been made pacifically for my wfp system. All kitted out to keep Jack frost out, full electrics, water supply the fully monty :)
ooooooohhhh cheese baguette lol

Back