Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which squeegee.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Looking at getting a new one, will be used 99% of the time for insides no need to go on a pole or anything, have been using a basic unger for a couple of years but its getting a bit worn.

What is the go to squeegee these days?

Personal choice really but you might like to try a wagulator /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tend to a wagtail for inside work but now using liquidator channels on a wagtail handle for less detailing so is foundly named a wagulator

yet another new word for the forum ...soon we will have a new windowcleaning language and no one barr members will understand.

gav that new page could be...a wcf dictionary..

tuffering boab banana to smurf a price...etc

and now wagulator..keep em comin lads...a totally new language coming..

oh and mr taytay hope you know about tedious creep...ask smurfy as he told me..

aka tds creep:D

got to get to work I blame that gav...

:addict: well to be fair he did warn me...

The ergotec xl is a nice squeegee and will suit a big lad like you, unless you have jeremy beadle hands. Also the Ettore pro plus has a nice long handle and is well made. The ergotec xl is my favourite at the moment though as its nice and light and the blade is a lot more forgiving then the ettore.

For insides i would go for a 12" wagtail slimline flipper

No big sopping applicator then to drip over custys floor

Also less to carry about in the house

The ergotec xl is a nice squeegee and will suit a big lad like you, unless you have jeremy beadle hands. Also the Ettore pro plus has a nice long handle and is well made. The ergotec xl is my favourite at the moment though as its nice and light and the blade is a lot more forgiving then the ettore.
lol no Jeremy Beadle hands here, have bloody great plates lol

Here a daft Qs but how do you put liquidator channels on the wagtail handle, I gussing you drill a small hold in the channal?...

I got the three yellow wagtail i bought ages ago

Depends which one

I have a new style slimline that only has a short grub screw which will grip the channel but not go through the channel

It just needs packing with an old piece of rubber under the channel to take up the gap

If the wagtail you have has a dent in the underside of the channel to grip the rubber then it doesn't need the screw to go through the channel

If not then i daresay you need to drill the channel

Post a pic if you can

It works well if you line up the angle of the channel correctly but with a scrubber on doesn't feel right

I am using mine with a modded wagtail channel now

Typical wagtail willie can't design anything that works properly without mods except the actual handle

The standard scrubber is shite so am now going to lidl tomorrow for some floor mops to use instead

This is what I got with a dent in the middle, I use to have a couple blue ones years ago but got rid of it.
That's a Wagtail Orbital. The pad actually clips on with yellow(or blue) pad. Forget the bottom fin (I trimmed mine off) Use the top fin for either under or over pad flip. They are no longer produced (I actually imported a couple from Cleaning Spot, only place I could find with stock left). New ones are called Orbital Flipper. I personally prefer these in hand and especially on a pole. They are easier to master than the slimlines.

I emailed cleaning spot about my flipper pad 3 days ago now

Not had the decency to reply yet

Just about to cut an old porkypine up to make a pad and get some velcro for it tomorrow

View attachment 4718

Almost done

Feels nice and light still as it doesn't hold a lot of water

Off to hobbycraft tomorrow for a length of cotton ribbon too fold round the cut edges and sew on the machine to make it look purpose bought and some velcro

I reckon it's a winner

Went to lidl earlier on Bobs recommendation to get a floor mop (hes had the same scrubber for 6 years made from one)

Don't have them anymore by the look of it

View attachment 7042Almost done

Feels nice and light still as it doesn't hold a lot of water

Off to hobbycraft tomorrow for a length of cotton ribbon too fold round the cut edges and sew on the machine to make it look purpose bought and some velcro

I reckon it's a winner
Looking good. totally agree that the whole pad, whatever we use, requires total edging. It firms the whole pad up and gives an accurate structure for flipping and staying out of the way once you start blading off.

Latest Posts

Back