Tried The Gardiner Sill Brush Today

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, May 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

Ordered the superlite sill and superlite extreme, fitted the sill brush today and the 1st house It weren't for me. Then realised I had the gooseneck thingy set still for the extreme, altered it and I liked it. It's not quite as accurate as the extreme being bigger but I like the fact there's more bristles on the window, and now I can get the top sills......I wouldn't recommend the sill brush to someone starting, if I'd tried to use it only a couple months ago I wouldn't have liked at all.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

which ones did you use,

3. mark m

mark m Hero

I never really got on with the sill brush as you said it is not to accurate but it makes a brilliant fascia and guttering brush

4. OoO

OoO Guest

I am still messing about with the extremes havent found one i really like yet.

They all have pit falls.

5. keir

keir Guru

What? Before the sill and extreme......I used the gardiner superlite medium mixed, brilliant brush to get to grips with wfp, it just started looking second hand so ordered another but the black bristles are just a tad stiffer which Alex said its cause the bristles are shorter so that's the extreme.

Damo the only down fall I can find with the superlite is they probably don't last too long but for £20 I think they are excellent

I reckon tomorrow I'll try the extreme, getting a lot of bird **** as its egg season, the sill mullered the **** today so on my semi's I'll use the sill and on terrace's the extreme

6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I swapped to Gardiners sill brush & love it, use it every day & have quite a few brushes not used because of it

7. keir

keir Guru

Yeah I've got a mate who's says the same, infact I bought it because of him raving about it. I look forward to putting the hours in with it

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I just find it so much better for frames & sills to a normal brush, I suppose that's why its called a sill brush :Image14: lol

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

The sill brushes are excellent accuracy is user dependant, I use them most often, both dual trim and flat trim. I have an old one which just earnt me £100 for cleaning the walls of a house, took 1 whole hour.

Never tried the extreme yet as I imagine it's poor at cleaning sills.

I occasionally use a Vikan hedgehog brush for gutters.

I prefer light.

10. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I have one of these as Hotwash recommended it :Image13: I have found it very good on cony roofs when dirty! good quality but not the lightest

Advertisement