Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

C.i.u

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Seems to be getting a bit like it on here lately. Wfp guys knocking trad & how fast better & quicker it is & how much you can earn. If you like wfp great. If you like trad great. End of story. Some custies like wfp some don't end of story. Long as there's enough work for all of us & we're all earning ok who cares. Both have disadvantages & advantages but don't knock someone coz they do wfp or trad.

Seems to be getting a bit like it on here lately. Wfp guys knocking trad & how fast better & quicker it is & how much you can earn. If you like wfp great. If you like trad great. End of story. Some custies like wfp some don't end of story. Long as there's enough work for all of us & we're all earning ok who cares. Both have disadvantages & advantages but don't knock someone coz they do wfp or trad.
+1 from me Posh

Haven't been on here alot recently but surely the mighty WCF isn't getting that petty?? :unsure:

I Agree, i`m staying out of any more threads on wfp v`s trad /emoticons/smile.png

I was practically a founder member on CIU. When I started there was only one guy doing WFP. His name was Justin Ruggles and he was the original pioneer. He inspired a lot of others.

But CIU had big problems with trolls and wind-up merchants who nearly caused it to close at one time. Nutcases with two or three different identities who would have arguements with everybody every drink fueled Friday night. The moderators lost control.

The other forums were basically all split offs from CIU. Me? I got banned for telling a moderator he was drunk and maybe he should stop posting because he was making a fool of himself. The next morning he couldn't even remember doing it. He deleted my account and I never bothered to rejoin.

Don't worry about WFP v Trad arguements now. Its mostly banter. Years ago it was real

I don't knock trad, I still do a bit, besides it was my bread and butter for over 10 years. To be fair it's gone both ways, but don't ask me who started what! /emoticons/smile.png I only knock customers who never give alternative methods a chance.

Personally, the way I see it, is there are now a lot of w/c about, likely recession induced, and tbh I feel a lot more threatened by the wfp guys as they are more likely tobe in it for keeps, whereas a trad guy, though, round these parts at least, may be more in favor with householders, is more likely to give it up for a, ahem, proper job!

Well said /emoticons/wink.png

Think you will find that it's just friendly banter mostly on here so is no way as bad.

Their is always going to be trad v wfp same as their will always will be iPhone v android and many other things. As long as people keeps this friendly and not turn it into a nasty argument then all is good. If however they do then please report these post. We don't want to be CIU and I can see why they almost closed. A community is only as good as its members. Yes we have some input in trying to manage the crowds but on the whole its how members are that defines a community and gives it its reputation. Its a hard balance some may feel we are to strict some may feel we are not both action by us have repcutions but hopefully we are doing a good job /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Their is always going to be trad v wfp same as their will always will be iPhone v android and many other things. As long as people keeps this friendly and not turn it into a nasty argument then all is good. If however they do then please report these post. We don't want to be CIU and I can see why they almost closed. A community is only as good as its members. Yes we have some input in trying to manage the crowds but on the whole its how members are that defines a community and gives it its reputation. Its a hard balance some may feel we are to strict some may feel we are not both action by us have repcutions but hopefully we are doing a good job /emoticons/biggrin.png
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
+1
I know its mostly harmless banter but does annoy once in a while.

I think it is mostly just banter, I do tend to stay out of the trad section as I am biased towards WFP and I pretty much hate trad work.

I have managed to drop or give away most of my trad work now which involves ladders.

In the 3 years I have been wfp, i have seen the same trad cleaners, in the same car, with the same bucket, with the same ladders. down the same street.

WFP is easier to build. Last year we put another van on the road, and this year we are hoping for at least one more van or two.

WFP is not for the fussy customer, its for the "meh customer" who just wants clean windows. They don't care about spots, smears etc.

I have one customer who i never speak to. Not spoken to him in 4 years now. I turn up i clean, he pays online.

I wont forget trad cleaning, as we wouldn't be here without it. Doesn't mean I have to like it though lol.

hey hey trad is good in some ways i gotta admit i cant do it but its cool and very skilfull.... ive always wondered who is the lionel messi of squeeging ? /emoticons/tongue.png

but anyway lets have a wcf v ciu debate instead /emoticons/biggrin.png lool /emoticons/tongue.png

We are all window cleaners at the end of the day what ever method,I'm proud of it and sounds like a lot of you are so enjoy and happy days.

Back