Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

windybenn

I am getting really bored with all this safety stuff every time i come on hear i think it is so over the top you know who you are just leave it for a bit it is getting so boring

im not goin to keep quite about safty and things like that.

i dont mind how you work, thats up to you guys, but when people start telling other new guys to work unsafe thats taking there lifes and jobs in there own hands.

i've changed sockets without turning power off for quickness coz I know i can do it, but i wouldnt dream of telling someone to do it,

i have over reached on ladders when screwing things into walls, but i wouldnt tell others to do that.

I have never heard anybody saying to do unsafe things nobody would every say such things

hence 1500 posts in a month lol so the forum has safety officer
lol no not at all not all is about safety. im like everyone else, giving advice and trying to share the things i know and what has been said about things at the training coarse that i have been on thats all.

I have never heard anybody saying to do unsafe things nobody would every say such things
there has been a few times on here. they might not see it as unsafe cause they have been doing it for years, but to new guys that never have done anything like it, it can be unsafe.

as a window cleaner 3yrs.

working in the building trade on and off ladders, towers and platforms 18yrs

training in ladders and working at height taken too.

plus farther run a building company for 42 years so in away i have always been round it from a young age, can remeber dad and i playing and build towers together with scaffolding when i was in my early teens, and helping him build extensions for people, ok i was the dogs body that was carrying an moving all the bricks about and taking them up the scaffolding for them but its all good fun and learning.

as a window cleaner 3yrs.

working in the building trade on and off ladders, towers and platforms 18yrs

training in ladders and working at height taken too.

you are 33 years

3 years window cleaning = 30 years old

18 years building trade = 12 years old

dont sound very safe working on building sites age 12 lol

you are 33 years

34 yrs old. been in building game since i was 16!

16yrs old + 18 yrs =34

im not just a window cleaner now, i run my own property maintenance company, so for the last 3 year been doing window cleaning aswell as building work

hence my user name! RC Property Short for RC Property Maintenance

you are 33 years

/emoticons/ohmy.png 12 thats slavery lol

no i was working everyday from 12 so its all experiance
had paper round when i was 14, but do you class school as working?? lol if so i started when i was 4! lol

if we were all honest with each other ,this health and safety lark has gone through the roof in this country its just mad there is companys out here making millions teaching us how to lift a box i know we used to get training for that at a job i used to have just so you couldnt sue there a$$ it is all crazy i think everybody has a bit of common sense and we all know how to use it its just getting like i will make a claim against you if you havent trained me culture, i once read a gov council was getting charged £86 for every light bulb that was being changed in there offices because nobody was trained to go up a ladder now when i was younger if a bulb went you got the ladder out and changed it simple! but now its got into every bit of society health and safety this health and safety that its crazy mad stupid even. PLEASE LETS STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT WE KNOW IT EXSISTS LETS JUST USE A BIT OF COMMON..............

if we were all honest with each other ,this health and safety lark has gone through the roof in this country its just mad there is companys out here making millions teaching us how to lift a box i know we used to get training for that at a job i used to have just so you couldnt sue there a$$ it is all crazy i think everybody has a bit of common sense and we all know how to use it its just getting like i will make a claim against you if you havent trained me culture, i once read a gov council was getting charged £86 for every light bulb that was being changed in there offices because nobody was trained to go up a ladder now when i was younger if a bulb went you got the ladder out and changed it simple! but now its got into every bit of society health and safety this health and safety that its crazy mad stupid even. PLEASE LETS STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT WE KNOW IT EXSISTS LETS JUST USE A BIT OF COMMON..............

Nicely put Gary

yer its all this red tape, and like you say suing world that we live in today. but it is nice to know what you do is good and that you cover your own a$$. i know if i have an accident and i should hurt someone, i know everything is there in place to cover it all in a court of laws eyes. but if a cowboy one does the same and not got all the things in place he isnt covered. even if he has insurance.

Yep this country has gone crazy with it. Some things are so out their stupid. But sadly we all have to follow it, well at least let them think we do. But the arguments have to stop so what if someone mentions health and safety they are only saying what we have to do in this day and age even if none of us do agree with it. But let's not through a tantrum everytime we don't like a post just go read another /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yep this country has gone crazy with it. Some things are so out their stupid. But sadly we all have to follow it, well at least let them think we do. But the arguments have to stop so what if someone mentions health and safety they are only saying what we have to do in this day and age even if none of us do agree with it. But let's not through a tantrum everytime we don't like a post just go read another /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
must admit i find it funny that no-one wants to know about the helath & safety side of things and how the law works and looks at things in certain cases tho! thought some people would like to know how to protect themselves against possibley loosing what they worked so hard at building up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back