Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this necessary?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys

Ok so just curious does everyone else clean this way or just me.

When you have a bay window for example that has 4 top opening windows, after you clean the glass on the small top openers and rinse, do you move to another window until all the top openers have dried and stopped dripping then return and do the main windows under the top openers.

Just curious as I would of thought that if you just cleaned and rinsed the top opener and did the main window underneath you may get some runs from the top of the frame/ bottom of the top opener frame?

Thanks guys

For example you have a window with 1 opener..1 underneath..1 on the side i would do the opener then the one at the side then the one under the opener last..that gives it enough time to drip off enough to avoid problems

Windows that are just an opener above a window i would do the opener then the opener of the next window then the one below the first one

It depends

We all have houses with problem windows where we treat them differently to normal regular cleans

Yes dave boy that's how I've been working.

Yesterday I had some large houses 2 lots of 6 bay windows either side of the front door and a 6 bay above the front door and 2 single windows with openers beside the front door . All with top openers, so 32 openers just on the front of the house and 32 panes of glass.

If I can do them all at once then I do. Saves time going back and forth. But as daveyboy says you will get to know what works and what doesn't for individual houses. I have always made it clear to my customers that I'm approachable, and if they are not happy in any way with my service to let me know. In this way if there is a problem with the method I'm using on their property I can work out what it is and correct it if I can. For the most part this works well

On a four bay window with openers I do tops then wash bottoms then wen 4 bottoms washed go back rinse. It's jus matter gettin use to

On ground floor if the opener hasvabbig PVC hunky frame I wipe the water of with cloth.

Latest Posts

Back