Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split Relay issue

Mooners

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my Durite split charge relay fitted with a Pure Freedom system which was new 6months back. I'm in dialogue with Pure Freedom though thought i'd see if i could get any advice from fellow users.

It's clicking away every four seconds when the engine is running(only recently started doing this) and not charging the leisure battery above 12.5v

Any information on what it should be doing appreciated as I'm no expert on these things.

All terminals seem tight and corrosion free and alternator seems fine as up to 14.5v on the van battery(had this checked at local garage)

thanks in advance.

Chap at garage checked it and said it's good and holding it's charge.

Is 6 months about right or do they normally last longer? Thanks will have a look at fuse.

I have a similar system.as already suggested.could be the leisure battery.easy fix,get it tested.if its anything like my van when I had fitted out,lots of wires etc.its more than likely a bad earth connection(negative)which is preventing the battery charging fully.check all the earth wires!!or kick ass & get pure freedom to do there job properly.

Hi all,
I'm having an issue with my Durite split charge relay fitted with a Pure Freedom system which was new 6months back. I'm in dialogue with Pure Freedom though thought i'd see if i could get any advice from fellow users.

It's clicking away every four seconds when the engine is running(only recently started doing this) and not charging the leisure battery above 12.5v

Any information on what it should be doing appreciated as I'm no expert on these things.

All terminals seem tight and corrosion free and alternator seems fine as up to 14.5v on the van battery(had this checked at local garage)

thanks in advance.
Is the earth wire (the thin black one) grounded to the chassis properly?

I think that units in completely sealed with silicon with just the in and out terminals and the earth wire visible, so its not a serviceable unit.

I think @Green Pro Clean Ltd has come up with a good suggestion to check the fuses. There should be one fitted close to the starter battery and a second after the relay and before the leisure battery.

Sometimes the cable lugs are crimped and can become loose.

If the unit is clicking every 4 seconds then it would indicate an internal fault and would need to be replaced. There is a small LED light visible from the front. What does that LED do?

If the chassis wire is good, then tell PureFreedom you are sending it back for a replacement.

The battery question is how long is a piece of string, some will last years others less than a year, there is no solid science to the lifespan of a rechargeable battery.
Maybe a phone call to the technical dept at Durite is an idea. Speak to the organ grinder rather than the monkey. /emoticons/smile.png

http://www.durite.co.uk/

Someone had an issue on the leisure battery not being charged on a boat with the vsr clicking on and off and their reply was leisure battery related.

I have an M-Power unit which is/appears to be identical apart from the colour. It has worked faultlessly for the last 6 months.

I had the same problem about a year ago. So frustrating! In the end a friend of mine fixed the issue. He added an extra earth wire. This was from the negative cell on the lesiure battery to my van chassis. So there was two earths, one from spit charger and one from lesiure battery. Hope this helps?

Back