Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how many customers did u get in your first week?

harunh

i got 10...

well 11...... but 1 was a one off clean

and also please tell me how many u had after 1 month... 2 months and 3 months /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/smile.png lol

I think a lot will depend on various factors such as:How many windies already work that area,prices your quoting,your selling skills etc.

Keep it up mate.

The areas i go into all have a window cleaner.... but i just get the 1 or 2... theirs always 1 person on someoens patch that wont say no .... which is essential and has kept me in a happy mood /emoticons/tongue.png this is the only way for us newbies to start up lol

23 but i targeted a council estate where i knew other window cleaners wouldnt go, as knew i would get loads of work, and lots of practise

Someone asked that before I think you will be surprised to find allot of moderate figures, it really does just take time to build a round, there is no short cuts. I currently have a round of 700 customers which has taken me 5 years to build, but here is what my first 12 months were like. This was while I was working 6 days a week in a shop.

month - number of customers - total sales

-----------------------------------------

1 - 49 - £311

2 - 69 - £426

3 - 78 - £538

4 - 74 - £535

5 - 72 - £500

6 - 77 - £520

7 - 72 - £500

8 - 90 - £601

9 - 72 - £500

10 - 106 - £670

11 - 109 - £720

12 - 124 - £820

The figures some times show drops, because this is the number of customers that I have completed and that have paid me in that month.

So hopefully you see that you are on the right path, and if you keep at it, you will get to were you want to be.

We all started at the bottom, well most anyway.

what you got to remember is that a lot of wc wil say they dont have any work for less than £10, and make £300 a day, yet these are the one who use Swear word!py poles bodged gear, and are always moaing that they are skint, there is a few near me like that

a perfect example is yesterday, me and a helper worked from 9 am to 4 pm, did 14 caravan windows, (about 7 windows each) and then did 38 houses, some small bungys, some front only, most all 2/3 bed compact work

When I started I had like 12 in a cul de sac I had bought of a friend.. It was really just for money for the weekend.. This was around 5 years ago.. I never took things seriously until around 2 years ago.. I now work with my da who been at it nearly 25 years.. Have just short of 500 custys.. Would say around 150 of them are every 2 weeks..

Cant afford a canvasser and dont want no one else having an input into my affairs ,made that mistake with my last business and caused nothing but hassle with me ole man trying to butt in and take over and caused a bit of pooh .

i got 10...

and also please tell me how many u had after 1 month... 2 months and 3 months /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/smile.png lol

The first week or even the next 2-3 months may not generate enough cash to keep you going, its better to work out before the minimum amount of customers and the price and give yourself a more realistic time frame - 6 months should be plenty of time, if you’re new to the game, (less time if your not)

You should be wfp if you’re starting a window cleaning business today, so you only need to buy a 25ft pole to go straight for low rise commercial work - you should also be in a position to price more compe***ively!

I.e. if you need a minimum of £1,500 per month, you only need to have 75 customers with an averaging price of £20; so as a guide you need to get 3 new customers a week for the next six months.

After this initial stage of your business the pressure is less, so you don’t have to be so generous with your pricing or time, and you can even correct any work where you see fit as you go into the next stage of your business.

Good luck

Richard

(16 to answer your question, but that was more luck)

gav if its any help iv felt like jacking in many occasions over the past year . just get your head down and get stuck in and you'll get there pal.. it took a major effort for me to get the confidence to ask anyone but it has to be done

i got 10...

and also please tell me how many u had after 1 month... 2 months and 3 months /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/smile.png lol

The first week or even the next 2-3 months may not generate enough cash to keep you going, its better to work out before the minimum amount of customers and the price and give yourself a more realistic time frame - 6 months should be plenty of time, if you’re new to the game, (less time if your not)

You should be wfp if you’re starting a window cleaning business today, so you only need to buy a 25ft pole to go straight for low rise commercial work - you should also be in a position to price more compe***ively!

I.e. if you need a minimum of £1,500 per month, you only need to have 75 customers with an averaging price of £20; so as a guide you need to get 3 new customers a week for the next six months.

After this initial stage of your business the pressure is less, so you don’t have to be so generous with your pricing or time, and you can even correct any work where you see fit as you go into the next stage of your business.

Good luck

Richard

Richard why should you be wfp if starting up now. Trading is a lot cheaper to start with & you build up from there.

Lee im getting there mate . To be honest i find door knocking easy i have no problem what so ever knocking on someones door it's as easy as falling over i get a buzz from getting them to sign up i think i might just be a canvaser instead i can sell snow to the eskimos lol .

i got 10...

and also please tell me how many u had after 1 month... 2 months and 3 months /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/smile.png lol

Good luck

Richard

Richard why should you be wfp if starting up now. Trading is a lot cheaper to start with & you build up from there.

Weighing up all the pro’s and con’s, wfp is a much better

Back