Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do Clean Your Brush?

Tim

Hi everyone,

I picked up a bit of grease from a customer windows yesterday and it's now all over my brush was wondering what's the best way to clean the brush? wasn't sure if I could use detergent or not?

Under the outside tap and brushed through with an old dustpan brush, if it's got grease on it use some degreaser on it then rinse.

Always best to carry more than one brush with you so can swop them over to carry on working if need be. I use different brushes for different cleaning tasks depending what I doing.

Regarding grease getting onto the bristles I would clean it with a degreaser like ubik 2000 as I carry it in the van. You could also wash it in warm soapy water to get rid of grease etc then run it under a tap to rinse it through. As far as worring about tds don't worry as soon as you start using it again with pure it will be fine.

Hope this helps?

If you have a spare brush, swap the brush over. Let the brush dry out, buy a head lice comb and comb the bristles.

If it needs degreasing then I have found fairy to be the best to get em clean.

Back