Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long Does It Take To Build A Round Of 200 Domestic Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well im in Mansfield area and this is my first post and i have been going since end of Feb.

And round here where unemployment is high and a serious lack of jobs there seems to be quite a few window cleaners knocking about.Its taken me 6 months to get 49 customers its really really hard work but i just leaflet drop think its a bit much to knock on doors but htats just me.

I want about 45 customers each week on a 3 weekly rota to be o.k money wise and its damn hard getting to this !.

Ive tried it all leafleting new builds and you get nothing its as though there tied up with all the money going to the new mortgage they have.Got most of my customers from peeps seeing me out and thru doing an odd day with another cleaner as he dont want anymore.If it wasnt for this odd day i do with him now and again think i would have given it up.

A thing i am trying at the moment is stopping car and popping a leaflet thru letterbox on all FOR SALE signs that have sold on them.

But really peed off other day i live 3 house away from one such house that had sale sign with sold on it,so i popped ticket thru thinking yesssssssss this ones mine,he/she never rang so thought they dont want a cleaner.Backing off drive other day what do i see but a young windy doing there back windows it really really peed me off as i was watching this one like a hawk.

The thing is with me im at stage where im desperate for customers but i WONT sell myself cheap as i know i will regret it in long run........been told by a few experienced windys..........Start as you mean to go on.........its worth it in the end.

i got 153 customers since may 10th mate ... tahts like over 4 months /emoticons/smile.png

Ive chucked 20/30 customers off... due to bad payers etc /emoticons/tongue.png

And im in the northeast.... and unemployment in northeast is the highest in the country ? ? ?

Lol and fast_muchly... u got to knock on doors mate otherwise for next summer your not going to have a good enough built round....

For next summer i know that i am going to be busy as ever and i will have to sell a bit of my low priced work to replace it with quality work.

you cant complain about finding it hard to gain custys when you wont knock on the doors, its the only way, iv picked up 64 new regulars in the last 2 weeks, all on 1 estate, you can only do that by knocking, just suck it up and get out there!

Thing with posting leaflets through doors with for sale/sold signs is, they are going to have 100s of leaflets behind the door and I'd imagine they would all be gathered up and put in the recycle box?

I wasted a few years posting flyers and waiting for my phone to ring. To build a good compact round door knocking is the way to go. Either do it yourself, or pay someone to do it for you

Thing with posting leaflets through doors with for sale/sold signs is, they are going to have 100s of leaflets behind the door and I'd imagine they would all be gathered up and put in the recycle box?

I wasted a few years posting flyers and waiting for my phone to ring. To build a good compact round door knocking is the way to go. Either do it yourself, or pay someone to do it for you
Its interesting reading all of this you must knock on doors and i will give it ago then either this weekend or next and report back and hopefully eat humble pie.

Also to thread starter sorry for hijacking thread but it is to waht your interestred in and its better to hear hard stories than oh its so easy stories like most seem to be on here.

What is interesting i have never ever had a windy knock on our door in 20 years of living here and there good house to do ????.But not had many leaflets also prob 3 in 20 years.But there are alot of windys in this area.You guys seem to talk as though every street you go on you gain a customer i would like to see you do that in the mansfield area as im sure this area is a lot harder to canvass than the ones your doing.

when you go door knocking do you do it at weekends or during week at night or just when you feel like it.

I havent gone knocking because i know how i feel when its any type of sales person knocking on our door...........guttering sales and double glazing and driveways being the biggest pains in the butt.

I was told by windy in our area who has been doing it for 15 years it wil ltake 18 months to get your round how you like it and enough customers you guys are making out its doable in 2 months and i just dont agree with this.Your in some wonderfull areas you must be !!.

Get yourself a carpet machine too... Great for when the weather turns out bad... I have at least two carpet jobs booked in each week. That alone (average) brings in an extra £160 per week.

I have not got the time to go out door knocking so I'm paying a team of canvassers to bring me an extra £3000 worth of work per month. Getting up to the 200 peeps mark depends on your location, and how many window cleaners are in your area. It took me 7 months to reach 230 people. That was like 3 years ago... more window cleaners sniffing around now. Saying that they don't last long once the winter comes. They don't come back again. When it comes to Feb/March time i get a lot of calls saying there window cleaner hasn't been for a long time. Hoping to get another van on the road in spring of this next year.

Its interesting reading all of this you must knock on doors and i will give it ago then either this weekend or next and report back and hopefully eat humble pie.

Also to thread starter sorry for hijacking thread but it is to waht your interestred in and its better to hear hard stories than oh its so easy stories like most seem to be on here.

What is interesting i have never ever had a windy knock on our door in 20 years of living here and there good house to do ????.But not had many leaflets also prob 3 in 20 years.But there are alot of windys in this area.You guys seem to talk as though every street you go on you gain a customer i would like to see you do that in the mansfield area as im sure this area is a lot harder to canvass than the ones your doing.

when you go door knocking do you do it at weekends or during week at night or just when you feel like it.

I havent gone knocking because i know how i feel when its any type of sales person knocking on our door...........guttering sales and double glazing and driveways being the biggest pains in the butt.

I was told by windy in our area who has been doing it for 15 years it wil ltake 18 months to get your round how you like it and enough customers you guys are making out its doable in 2 months and i just dont agree with this.Your in some wonderfull areas you must be !!.
I have knocked 60 doors on a street and not got any, done it on plenty of streets. Maybe do a search in your local estate agent/ property site and search for new developments/builds. I have been at it 5 years, could be better but I'm happy enough at the mo. I agree it is a lot harder now a days to build good tight work as there are windys popping up everywhere. Maybe over the winter would be a good time to start canvassing as a lot of part timers only work in summer.

Theirs a place in every town that is crying out for a window cleaner u gotta be confident aswell

Theirs a place in every town that is crying out for a window cleaner u gotta be confident aswell,

Get yourself a carpet machine too... Great for when the weather turns out bad... I have at least two carpet jobs booked in each week. That alone (average) brings in an extra £160 per week.

I have not got the time to go out door knocking so I'm paying a team of canvassers to bring me an extra £3000 worth of work per month. Getting up to the 200 peeps mark depends on your location, and how many window cleaners are in your area. It took me 7 months to reach 230 people. That was like 3 years ago... more window cleaners sniffing around now. Saying that they don't last long once the winter comes. They don't come back again. When it comes to Feb/March time i get a lot of calls saying there window cleaner hasn't been for a long time. Hoping to get another van on the road in spring of this next year.
£3000 per month how will you cope squeek?

Have got someone to help me a few days a week, but most of the round I will be able to clean myself. It will be an add on to my round that I have at the moment.

Back