trying to get a few wfp jobs for flats

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by chris70, Sep 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris70

chris70 Member

Hi all i would like to see if i can get a few wfp jobs for flats but don't know who i would have to contact to find out would it be the caretakers any help please
    cheers

Advertisement
  2. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

Council, Housing Association or Private?

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Whereabouts are you chris70 ?
    I'm in stevenage

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

Come on.....stop the charade.......we knows it's you.....Hertfordshire's only big enough for ONE window cleaner.

5. chris70

chris70 Member

any of these really Council, Housing Association or Private im in hertford area

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Get on to hertford council and ask them as they will know who does all their flats
    Then ask when they are up for tender and put in a quote
    As for the others i don't know
    I got some by going in to local estate agents as they deal with a lot of tennants propertys for landlords and getting myself put on their list of tradesmen so now my name is on their laminated list on the wall as their window cleaner
    You get the odd job here and there and get to know who runs these blocks when you do them

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

You generally find some form of estate info. board around the entrances to these places. Look for a logo / contact number. Even if it's private there's generally a 'commitee' made up from the residents. Just try knocking a few up and ask.....' would you like your windows cleaned ?' They'll soon put you straight as to who's running the show. And as Davey say's , get in touch with the council to see what's going out for tender. Trouble is it's generally 'jobs for the boys' with the council. I only give out one kind of backhander.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I'm sure someone on a past thread said you can look online to see who has the tenders for the council, i know they have to disclose that information as anyone has the right to know
    Freedom of information type stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Doing work for the council and housing associations require all the health and safety docs as long as you are compliant you can then win some big jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. chris70

chris70 Member

cheers for the replys guys will look in to it
    cheers

Advertisement