Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless pole hose..

Jonny 67

Hi guys, I've used exceed tubeless with the new Gardiners gooseneck. As you know once it's on it's a pain to undo it, you have to remove a clip to get to the uni valve. So I've done away with the exceed fitting and just fitted an ez snap male 5mm barb to the tail on the pole, and fitted a 5mm ez snapfemale to the pole hose on the reel. First impressions are I like it. The question is: how do you stop it disconnecting when the fitting catches the pole. I'm getting better at it not disconnecting with practice. Is there anything I can do to make entry into the pole easier? Or is it just down to learned technique? I don't want to go back to coiling up pole hose...TIA

It depends how close to the bottom of the pole your Ezsnap connector is.  If it's fairly close, you could try making something like this...

spacer_01.jpg

...and fitting it like this once you have connected up.

spacer_02.jpg

This will keep your Ezsnap inside the pole while you're working.  You can then remove it when you are ready to disconnect. 

It does make your pole a little longer when working on ground level windows but if this is not an issue for you it works.  

You can make this from a short length of plastic plumbing pipe or a piece of 13mm ID garden hose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use JG connectors. I find they don’t disconnect as easily as ezsnap connections.  They don’t have a water stop function of course, but they are a simpler connection, that for me at least give a lot less hassle and are super easy to fit if one breaks, not to mention cheaper as well

Never really been an issue, I just tend to extend the first section a bit slower and more carefully then once it's through the end cap you can extend the rest as normal. 
I have to say I prefer your method.  When I first tried this 'tubeless' idea, I was using the shorter 22ft Gardiner pole, so the little extra length wasn't much of an issue.  But when I switched to the 25ft version, the spacer made the pole too long for ground floor use (for me anyway).  So I learned to use it without the spacer. Like you say it just takes practice.  I usually find a little flick of the lower end of the pole, just as I start to extend the pole, helps the connector pass through the end cap.  I don't see why it wouldn't work with an EzSnap as well.

I have to say I prefer your method.  When I first tried this 'tubeless' idea, I was using the shorter 22ft Gardiner pole, so the little extra length wasn't much of an issue.  But when I switched to the 25ft version, the spacer made the pole too long for ground floor use (for me anyway).  So I learned to use it without the spacer. Like you say it just takes practice.  I usually find a little flick of the lower end of the pole, just as I start to extend the pole, helps the connector pass through the end cap.  I don't see why it wouldn't work with an EzSnap as well.
I add up to an extra 3 sections to my 22ft so I need that extra piece sticking out enough, I have worked this way for years without issue, and have always used Ez-snap fittings well apart from a few years ago when I tried JG but they just ended up leaking 

Thanks for your help guys. First day with the tails, and I'm happy with it. As you said IG, slowly does it. Used my new extremes today as well, and that's a thumbs up ? too. Just waiting for the electric reel...

Back