Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My set up...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I worked for a long time with a small van and spent more time messing about having to unload stuff just to get what I needed out of the back then had to put it all back in again. I could also only fit in a small 250 wfp tank so was very limited regarding wfp work in a day or if working local had to come back to base to refill which was not ideal.

As @Tuffers has already mentioned without using a good size van that can take all the kit you need to carry about and decent size wfp system in it as well you are limiting the types of jobs you take on for sure.

It seems to works ok for me - gutter clearing bits come out the side door, gutter/cons cleaning bits come out the back doors!::):

I don't do windows so don't need a large water tank.

I worked for a long time with a small van and spent more time messing about having to unload stuff just to get what I needed out of the back then had to put it all back in again. I could also only fit in a small 250 wfp tank so was very limited regarding wfp work in a day or if working local had to come back to base to refill which was not ideal.
As @Tuffers has already mentioned without using a good size van that can take all the kit you need to carry about and decent size wfp system in it as well you are limiting the types of jobs you take on for sure.

If I want I can actually get pretty much everything in if I start putting the hoover on the back seat and things.

It is a bit of a pain keep moving stuff, but the pressure washer lives in there and I can get 10 25l barrels in along side it np, which is more than enough for me, I only do a couple of days of windows each week.

While it would be handy to have a big van it adds an extra level of cost and pain in the ass for parking, the pick up is used as our family car as well as work vehicle and will also be used to tow a caravan, it does it all.

So been asked a few times about my set up in my pick up, and have I got any pics etc, its nothing amazing but if it helps someone why not, it is just a pick up with all the gear chucked in lol
Was trying to have a look but can't see what's in there!

We thinking of adding power washing to our windows/ gutters

What set up would you say is the minimum requirement ?

For doing residential drives and paths ?

Was trying to have a look but can't see what's in there!We thinking of adding power washing to our windows/ gutters

What set up would you say is the minimum requirement ?

For doing residential drives and paths ?
I've used lower but I would say 15lpm is the lowest you should look for, I would go to Jetmac myself having dealt with them, very good.

If you do it right you can get a decent setup into a focus estate /emoticons/biggrin.png

20150525_115232_zpsxmyqstky.jpg
20150525_115106_zps4k9ta3mc.jpg

Then just hope you're not involved in an accident as that lot could crush you to death in a head on smack.

Reason why I say that I had an astra estate and was involved in an accident that I was stationary at the time on a dual carrageway inside lane stuck in traffic. Before I new it the front end of the car shot up and then I was heading for a ditch at the side of the road. WTF. Turns out a box lorry could not stop in time and swerved to miss my car. In doing so the driver turned the lorry over that on the way down partly crushed the back end of my car. So in like slow motion I get hit by flying glass first then the car ends up in the ditch all in a matter of seconds. Turns out the kit I had in the back on impact hitting the ditch broke through the back seat so anyone sitting there would have been crushed. Bearing in mind this was a slow impact into the ditch and nothing like say a 40 mph front on smash.

I was very lucky that day to walk away unhurt and bloody glad I did not have the kids in the car at the time too.

Then just hope you're not involved in an accident as that lot could crush you to death in a head on smack.
Saving hard for a decent van at the moment. If I move all the weight to the passenger side (pretty much just the washer itself) should be a bit safer should an accident happen. Hopefully it wont be a problem in a few months regardless.

Reminds me of when I first started, with a £400 Mazda 323, 1990, in a nice off white. Couldn't even afford a proper roof rack for me ladders - had to use one of those soft racks from when I had a canoe! Car roof used to bend under the weight! Try telling that to kids today............./emoticons/biggrin.png

Re-arranged now so the big lump is behind the passenger seat. Probably better to get whacked in the head with a 5 kg leaf blower than a 140kg pressure washer.

Re-arranged now so the big lump is behind the passenger seat. Probably better to get whacked in the head with a 5 kg leaf blower than a 140kg pressure washer.
put one of the rear seatbelts round it mate.

Reason why I say that I had an astra estate and was involved in an accident that I was stationary at the time on a dual carrageway inside lane stuck in traffic. Before I new it the front end of the car shot up and then I was heading for a ditch at the side of the road. WTF. Turns out a box lorry could not stop in time and swerved to miss my car. In doing so the driver turned the lorry over that on the way down partly crushed the back end of my car. So in like slow motion I get hit by flying glass first then the car ends up in the ditch all in a matter of seconds. Turns out the kit I had in the back on impact hitting the ditch broke through the back seat so anyone sitting there would have been crushed. Bearing in mind this was a slow impact into the ditch and nothing like say a 40 mph front on smash.

I was very lucky that day to walk away unhurt and bloody glad I did not have the kids in the car at the time too.
Sorry for your misfortune Smurf but it don't matter a stuff how well your gears fastened away.

Look at all the vids these system fitters show of how their system is best as bolted to the chassis it doesnt move on impact. To be honest none of them seem to have any water in to start with as there is no misshaping of the water tanks in the impact vids and secondly if I were to have a head on for example at 60 in my Renault SWB Traffic my tanks will stay attached to my chassis but all that extra 500 kilos of weight is just going to assist in crushing the cab I am sitting in a more efficient manor.

Just accept that we are all already dead and life becomes so much easier to deal with. /emoticons/smile.png

Back