Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery Tester

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How many actually have one?? Is it essential?

Can you recommend me one for our Leisure Batts, please?

Much appreciated. 
Don't know what you mean by a battery tester. The only way to test the state of charge in a battery is with a volt meter or multimeter.

12.7 volts is fully charged whereas 12.0 volts is flat. These states can only be tested accurately when the battery has stood idle for 4 hours.

I have a combo gauge wired on the leisure battery that shows volts and amps. So I can see what a pump is drawing and what amps the alternator is recharging the battery with as the engine is running.

What nobody can help you with is what capacity the battery has left. With age a battery deteriorates. So it might of originally had a capacity of 110 amph when new but may now only have a capacity of 50 amph due to sulphation of the plates. 

They have a tester for a starter battery that puts a load on it but the same tester won't work on a leisure battery as a leisure battery is not designed to put out a large current.

We got our combo gauge from eBay.

I honestly believe the very least we should have is a multimeter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back