Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo vs grass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes and yes.

You MUST and I do mean MUST soak all vegetation to the point of saturation.

Once it is at saturation it will not absorb any more. Then once finished give it another soaking. This will ensure maximum dillution of the hypo rendering it safe by the time you've left.

Totally pointless as long as you give a good thorough soaking and stay on top of it.
Do you clean much with Hypo?

We have been cleaning hundreds of buildings with Hypo over the years and ALWAYS use Plant Wash these days - we add it onto the quotation , pointing out to the customer that plants and grass will not be destroyed if we use it.

1- It sets us apart from others

2 - We charge more money

3- We don't have to pay for damaged plants if they do not take us up on us using Plant Wash

=win-win

However using water is beneficial and we always soak before, during, after......

Last edited:
Do you clean much with Hypo?
Yes, I do. Not on your scale admitedly but for a business my size 5 to 7 softwash jobs per week is reasonable.

We have been cleaning hundreds of buildings with Hypo over the years
But less than 2 years ago you were telling customers that the only way to clean was to DOFF the property then protect with a biocide and that hypo was corrosive and a no no.

Now however you're pushing hyoo based franchises for tens of thousands so hmmmm.......

It sets us apart from other
Leopards and spots??

Yes, I do. Not on your scale admitedly but for a business my size 5 to 7 softwash jobs per week is reasonable.

But less than 2 years ago you were telling customers that the only way to clean was to DOFF the property then protect with a biocide and that hypo was corrosive and a no no.

Now however you're pushing hyoo based franchises for tens of thousands so hmmmm.......

Leopards and spots??
I wasn't ready to give away all of my secrets two years ago.

We still use Doff on most buildings.........

I wasn't ready to give away all of my secrets two years ago.We still use Doff on most buildings.........
I saw a purple rhino van working near me. Had a leaky hose there was hypo running down the street!

Also i had a look next time i passed as i wanted to see how well it brought the render a up and seemed to have discoloured their metal railings? Anyone else had that issue?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I saw a purple rhino van working near me. Had a leaky hose there was hypo running down the street!Also i had a look next time i passed as i wanted to see how well it brought the render a up and seemed to have discoloured their metal railings? Anyone else had that issue?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Do you have any pictures to prove this?

Back