Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two man Streamline heater

Mouse@1916

Hi I have a Streamline thermal two man system the boiler starts as normal when you put it on then after about 10 minutes it knocks off if you take a look at the green light it flashes 12 times slow and then five quick flashes if you then put it on again by pressing the button it may stay on for a few minutes after a while it will not itself by off then again the green light will flash 12 times I just would love to know does anyone know what this means when the green light flashes 12 times I just want to get this problem sorted I await your reply’s many thanks Eugene cleaning services

Best to take it to a Wabasto service centre they can plug it into there diagnostics and fix the problem
The service agent in Durham wasn't interested on doing a fault diagnosis with the unit inside the heater as he said it was too difficult to get to. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation as those Webasto 90 S aren't easy to get out of the enclosure. The newer Pro 90 are much easier due to the slightly different body shape.
Streamline welded 2 carrier trays for the heat exchangers in front of the furnace, so virtually everything has to be removed to get the heater out.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
The service agent in Durham wasn't interested on doing a fault diagnosis with the unit inside the heater as he said it was too difficult to get to. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation as those Webasto 90 S aren't easy to get out of the enclosure. The newer Pro 90 are much easier due to the slightly different body shape.
Streamline welded 2 carrier trays for the heat exchangers in front of the furnace, so virtually everything has to be removed to get the heater out.
Yes that is the same as mine there

You really need to identify exactly which Webasto you have.

I presume you have the older Thermo 90's but then again you could have a newer Thermo Pro 90. One of the suppliers did fit Thermo Top C Webasto's on some 2 man systems in the early days.

The Webasto 90 states that you should ignore the short flashes and count the long ones. (I got that wrong on an earlier post and have asked for that post to be deleted. Sorry.) 12 flashes isn't listed in the repair manual.

However, JPC Direct list 12 flashes as "Heater Lock Out."

Their site adds: "This fault will occur if your heater has a had a repeated fault, depending on the fault will depend on the number of repetitions that with instigate a fault lock out. In order to clear the fault you can do one of two things. With the heater on, remove the main fuse, switch the control panel off, re-insert fuse and switch heater on again, OR contact your local Webasto agent and they can unlock your heater with the PC diagnostics. You should always be able to unlock the heater without the need for an agent to attend. Remember the original fault that caused the lock-out will probably need correction prior to satisfactory operation of the heater."

The Webasto Pro 90 does show a fault code for 12 flashes; Battery main switch short circuit. Possible cause; Wiring. Recommended action: Check wiring for damage, open circuit and short circuit.
Possible Cause; Electronic battery switch defective. Recommended action; Replace electronic battery switch.

My suggestion is to firstly identify the model Webasto and then look at the Butler Technik website and download a workshop manual.

The fault codes will only give you a direction. Some fault codes will show up on initial start-up, but will be overridden with newer codes. A lockout code could have started as a low battery code to begin with.

My Grippatank one is very easy to remove from the housing takes less than 5 muinits . Sounds like the dealer by you doesn’t want to do the job my mate fits them in boats and says mine is a dodle

Attachments

• DD4D9D65-58E0-4DA3-BA88-FE261E736196.jpeg
    DD4D9D65-58E0-4DA3-BA88-FE261E736196.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 6
My Grippatank one is very easy to remove from the housing takes less than 5 muinits . Sounds like the dealer by you doesn’t want to do the job my mate fits them in boats and says mine is a dodle
The Purefreedom and Ionics heaters are also easy to work on.

i have the one man version, bought second hand from a guy who couldn't get it working, what i found is that had to go through every electrical connection and re-do them,
just ignore the flashes for the moment because your heater fires up, that means it has gone through all the safety checks it needs to do on start up, once everything is fine and safe the boiler then fires up, if its not blowing out plumes of blue smoke then i would be more inclined to look at your battery, early fault finding on these should be checking all the connections checking the quality of the fuel just basic stuff before you start throwing parts and engineers at it.
personally for me what i would do, as it costs nothing, keep your van engine running and start the heater check to see if the split charger is working ie charging your heaters battery if your heater still runs after twenty mins with the van engine running it can only be a battery issue-again just check on voltage with a multi meter if you can this costs nothing albeit a bit of fuel but will rule out a few things. to prove that theory if the heaters still working turn the engine off and i would say ten mins later the heater will lock out
the s90's kill batteries it did mine when i had one hence when the heater cut out after a short while it was the battery at fault.
hope this helps a bit but i would honestly try the simple cheap solutions first these heaters are robust and rarely break down

It's the 10 minute period that got me wondering @kevinc250 . When I got my heater, the previous owner could only get it to run for 10 minutes. He had the Frostat switched on.

It's the 10 minute period that got me wondering @kevinc250 . When I got my heater, the previous owner could only get it to run for 10 minutes. He had the Frostat switched on.
The last time my boiler wouldn’t work it would fire up for 5 muinits and then shut down it was a faulty fan motor

Back