Two old boys nearly come to blows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Jun 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#1 Smurf, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Was so close to slapping an old arrogant polish gardener today.
    I was working clearing the gutters on a house when the lady said could you see if those bumble bees are nesting in my eaves. If so do you have a spray in the van that will kill them? My reply was sorry I don’t and to be honest I would not attempt to try killing them so best you contact a pest control firm and carried on working as you do.

Unbeknown to me the lady sent her gardener out to get some bug spray. Next thing I knew the gardener asked to borrow my ladder and while asking tried to move it at the same time. That was a bad mistake on his part as I went mental saying no you can't use it get your own ladder as if you fall off mine I will become liable. He gave me a right mouthful then walked off. Even the lady said leave it to the guy as she understood what I was saying.

Anyway I fished the job and started packing away then the lady came out apologising for his behavure and one thing that stuck in my mind that she said was he was a very arrogant man. I was thinking to myself when she said that NO he was a very lucky man I did not give him a good slap. :D

Advertisement
  2. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

Way to go champ, my money would have been on the bee's :)

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

And mine :D

4. RyanL

RyanL Member

I was Pestie in a past life and still do Wasp and Bee treatments, it's cheap to get into and it's really easy money! The hardest part is the paperwork!

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#5 Smurf, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Are bees a pest though and aren't they protected ?

6. RyanL

RyanL Member

They're not protected as such but it's an ethical grey area most pesties will leave them and try to explain that they're beneficial. I won't treat them, just move the nest or in the case of honey bees the local bee keepers love to come and collect them. Wasps on the other hand are fair game, nasty things!

7. TolishAPurd

Vote UKIP. ;)

Seriously though, what a *****. Glad you stuck up for yourself smurf. :thumbsup:

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd have 'rung' his neck.....

I'll get me coat >>>>>

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I could not fight my way out of a paper bag now nor by the looks of he could too. Bless him :D

10. cheapncheerful

bloody wasps...i mean what the hell do they actually do....if i see one ....its a gonner...i dont forget..
    .three times in one year..:( i was only trying to do my job...

i must admit....i not keen on letting my ladder out of my site....its mine all mine....somebody borrowed half the other day for an inside job....i wasnt happy till i got it back..

Advertisement