Types of ladders.

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by AnMadraRua, Dec 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. AnMadraRua

AnMadraRua Member

Can you guys recommend the types of ladders I buy?

I'm in two minds as to whether I buy traditional extending ladders or folding ones, either way I will be getting stand offs. The folding ones are a fixed length of 5.7m but they fold in 3 sections so can be used as step ladders and also as a platform which will come in handy for conny cleans and such, or should I buy extending ones?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have a 12 rung triple combi from bps fitted with an ankalad & use a microlite standoff on roof tiles for easy safe access for roofline work.

They can also be used as step ladder but I don't bother as with the ankalad can also be used free standing as a normal ladder so you can face what you want to work on instead of being sideways.

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#3 Smurf, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Here are some example pics of one of the buildings I cleared the guttering & downspouts today. Several of the joints had also come apart so was easy to sort out including checking and clearing the downspouts at the same time. Using a pro gutter tool on a 25' wfp also reduced the number of ladder sets I had to make aswell.

tn-GOPR0396.JPG

tn-GOPR0393.JPG

This is probably a better pic of another building i also did today showing the ladder set up I use a bit better

tn-GOPR0402.JPG

tn-GOPR0425.JPG

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you are going to attempt to clear gutters by ladders then invest in the right kit for the job:thumbsup:

5. AnMadraRua

AnMadraRua Member

I've bought a set of extendable ladders and stand offs and a set of pro gutter tools.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What did you get?

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wouldn't entertain the folding gimmickey ladders
    Proper tools for a proper job

8. TolishAPurd

You need the right tool for the job in hand. For me, the best and safest window cleaning ladders are a frame ladders of which I have a big and small depending on the house. For gutter work I have the same setup as the smurfmiester. Not a lot you cant do with that bunch except the wife doesnt like 4 big ladders lying about. :D

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if you plan on just bread and butter window cleaning you need to buy nothing too long nor too heavy -or itll kill your back once you get busy .

id never buy anything folding or multi purpose- accident waiting to happen on them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Posh

Posh Hero

I got some of them telescopic ladders couple of months ago. Great for quick easy jobs & for spares.

I got a double LYTE 12 rungs.
    Also a 7 rung tripple that turns into a stepladder. Both reach everything I need to.

Advertisement