Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trads and Ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

willywindows

Came across a thread about trads cleaning with extension poles and was wondering how's this possible as you can't clean the frames without using ladders?

Obviously, that's one of the plus points for WFP as it not only allows you to keep your tootsies on the floor but also clean windows/frames at the same time.Can't see how you can trad clean to a pro standard using extension poles and no ladders or am I missing something here???

no your not missing anything, you cant clean trad from the ground and expect the same finish as off of a ladder, although a good job can be done with an extension pole, and its needed on shop fronts sometimes, but really people need to stop this whole fear/ health and safety madness over ladders.

no your not missing anything, you cant clean trad from the ground and expect the same finish as off of a ladder, although a good job can be done with an extension pole, and its needed on shop fronts sometimes, but really people need to stop this whole fear/ health and safety madness over ladders.
Totally agree GM, You can't do the job to the same standard and accidents are mostly down to human error not the ladders. I almost went down that road, bought the pole had a bit of practice working with it on my own windows, was just gonna order a wagtail and then thought to myself "what about the frames" ditched the idea there and then. I do one window at a flat I do monthly with a pole simply because I cant get close with a ladder safely because of some nasty thorny bushes.

I'm trad & you cannot clean the frames. You get a fairly decent finish but nowhere near as good when yer hands on.

Here here

Cheers guys, thought I was missing something here.What size of ladders are you using - 2/3 section type?

Just came across these words of wisdom, or not, from Wagga's himself and thought I'd paste them here: You do have the frame problem, but look at it this way, if the customers don't mind then don't worry too much. If they want them done, you have a backpack ready if you need it. Do the frames as a one-off and get more money for it. I know not everyone will agree but hey it's one way of doing it. I get very few problems with cutomers no one seems to give a hoot.

Ah, if you guys are only using 2 section ladders, I might have another look at the B+Q 2 section, 6m, DIY ladders and add a Ryjak ladder stop and some ladder mitts as the ladders are about £72.

Ah, if you guys are only using 2 section ladders, I might have another look at the B+Q 2 section, 6m, DIY ladders and add a Ryjak ladder stop and some ladder mitts as the ladders are about £72.

Latest Posts

Back