Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beginners mistakes & schoolboy errors..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

When I started out this time round I found myself in an area that I dont know so well and in an industry where my local knowledge was seriously lacking.

I was so hungry for work I was almost giving away my services. I signed up a 5 bed detached house with small conservatory for just £8 and was well chuffed as i was now 'on that street' figuring neighbors would see me and id get some more large houses.

Well this didnt happen and i spent nearly a year doing the large house each month for 30 minutes a time for just £8.

In the end i came to loath it so much as it was so badly underpriced that I just stopped going.

Well Saturday Jade was working that area, i forgot to tell her that i didnt want that house so she knocked it and not only that she signed them up for me again...... this time at a fair and acceptable. £28.

3.5 times what they used to pay me. Just goes to show that if you ask for a fair price you can easily attain it.

I told Jade that if it looks like a 10 minute job the price is £10. If it looks like a 20 minute job £20 and so on and she has the timing estimates pretty bang on, if anything she usually over estimates how long it will take. /emoticons/smile.png)

Moral? I guess dont sell yourself short. I wish i hadnt done that job every month for £8 when that time would have been more profitable knocking doors and adding more correctly priced jobs to the round.

How will you go about the conversation with the customer when you turn back up at £28 after just stopping going when you were doing it for £8?

Do they know it's the same window cleaner when Jade signed them back up at a hefty price rise?

I wondered the same Trev when she gave me the address. I only ever me the customer twice. Not been in just over a year and today she looked at me like she didnt even know me. I didnt bring it up. Just kept it simply business and yes luv, no luv, all done luv.

Also bear in mind my physical apperance has changed massively with a 3.5 stone weight loss this past 4 months.

Previously i was Green Window Cleaner Now i am Green Pro Clean Ltd.

If they dont make the association inaint going to push the topic. /emoticons/smile.png

Back