Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working on weekends?

Amazin

Is it a bad idea? Im thinking about on saturday and sunday doing full day's work. The reason is because I can't really canvassing on weekends, people tend to be away or they feel disturbed. So im thinking making monday and tuesday my weekend instead just for a while

Whatever fits your schedule, it is for you to decide.

Personally, after working retail for years,I will never to back to working weekends. They are now dedicated to family, and are kept free of any work duties.

Just make sure you don't end up working all the time. Work to live, not live to work.

I’d tell you to **** right off if you cane clean my windows on a Sunday. Saturdays are ok, would work a shorter day, say 10-3. But often more hard work because customers are at home and like getting in the way! 

On a different note, a friend of mine loved doing shops on Saturday evenings and Sundays as the streets were free of cars and customers. Each to his own I suppose. I prefer to do them early in the morning.

People like weekends for themselves and family, bet not too many wanting to see a windie at their window when they are in bed or sat at breakfast table in their jimjams chilling after the working week.

My opinion anyway.

In the old days i worked even sundays but now mon-fri is enough 

No reason not to if you want to though

Sunday is a religious day but in this day and age most people do not care as most of us are not religious anyway

The odd customer may ask you not to but most do not care

Not many flat earth religious nuts left

I work at least 2 Saturdays a month and even Sundays if I lose days to rain. I've never once had anyone tell me not to clean on a weekend. Some customers would rather it on the weekend. That way they are in and can pay you straight away. Win win. Just means you lose most of your Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’m not religious, but wouldn’t be to pleased if a windie started cleaning my windows on a Sunday.

Lots of people (inc me) have hangovers on Sunday morning, so a nice lay in uninterrupted is required.

Also, and this is only my opinion, I think it makes you look a bit desperate turning up on a Sunday 

You have to ask yourself why imo.

I never work weekends as I have other things I would much rather be doing

If it's a money thing then you need to employ, why work harder? 

Also with this getting behind and needing to catch up thing, again daft...if they are behind they are behind, if I'm constantly behind then I need to either reduce work load or employ. Never sacrifice time with my family and time for myself for work...money is very important but there's much smarter ways to get in that killing yourself.

As for canvassing in the week and cleaning the weekend that's just daft.

Why clean when people are in and canvass when people are not in?

Canvass on the weekend when they are in and clean in the week when they are out makes much more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a big commercial job from a custy thats got a few BIG premises so been on them at the weekends cleaning the cladding etc.
Im at one now doing the internal glass.
It'll pay for xmas and a nice holiday.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Lol. Yep and a family. But with the kind of prices i put in me. You. Anybody would be a fool to turn down. In all honesty think custy is spending money for tax reasons so why not make the most of it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dont mind a Saturday for a half day but Sunday no way lifes to short.I like to go sailing on Sunday no signal on phone out on lough beside me great wife nor anyone else can ring me :1f609:

I first started out just doing weekends as had a full time job, never had any issues cleaning on a Sunday, wouldn’t do it now though, do the occasional Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back