Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extra charge for 3/4 stories high

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I usually add £30 to £50 ontop for 3/4 stories, but make sure before you start that no unions/ end stops etc are leaking as you cannot get up to them via ladder to seal joints. If they are leaking say you can clear through the run which will help but won't be able to fix leak without scaffold cherry picker

We charge more for that height but I don't think most customers would realise that , most of the jobs we do you couldn't get a picker in there , so it would have to be scaffolded , if they query the price I just say get a price for scaffolding, 9 times out of 10 they soon phone back accepting the price , far less hassle more privacy for the client no unsightly scaffolding up for 4 weeks , no damage to building or ground job usually done in a day or two max , no brainier for them

Yes I have quoted for several big jobs where a gutter vac or scaffolding would be the only option the cost of scaffolding would have been many thousands of pounds , but todo the job with a vac in one /two days at half the price of the scaffolding is good value for the client most are happy to pay it after they get a price for scaffolding

J and S, do you only take on jobs upto 2 storey yourself, if so do you find you lose out on allot of work not touching the 3 storey plus jobs?

I think it depends on the type of properties in your area we do mainly 2 storey probably 80% of what we do , but also do 3,4 storey and occasionally 5 and one job 6 storey , the higher you go the more you should charge just think what it would cost to scaffold it at that height, a lot of the properties we do you don't have access for pickers , lifts etc so charge well

Nothing above 2 storey...like I said you break anything up there it's going to cost you to repair it...not doing 3 storey + repair jobs from a ladder.

Back