Ubik Advice

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by window wizard, Mar 20, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. window wizard

window wizard Newcomer

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but have been cleaning with pure for a few years. ive seen ubik mentioned on a few posts

how and when would I use ubik is it just first cleans and con/roofs? any advice would be appreciative.

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I mainly use it on first cleans of windows, conservatory roofs, fascias, gutters, upvc cladding etc. It's good stuff and makes jobs a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Here's a couple of jobs I've done recently with ubik. I hate to think how much longer they would have taken if I'd not used ubik.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Markyboy 50

I ordered 2 gallons of ubik 2000 yesterday. If tradding do u just put some on your applicator then wipe over the frames then rinse off? For conservatory roofs do you spray it on then scrub it and rinse ?

5. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I never used it when I was trad but I'm sure you could do that. Or spray it directly onto the frame and give it a good wipe with a microfibre.

With conny roofs I spray the whole roof and then go and do something else for ten minutes to give it a chance to get to work then scrub and rinse.

6. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

image.jpeg I use it with a dash in a spray bottle for 1st cleans and I use a brush that connects to hose with hoze lock fitting when doing things like polycarbonate roof attached just dip brush in a bucket with dash of Ubik in.

Attached Files:

7. Markyboy 50

Neat or diluted?

8. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Diluted mate. I normally use ten parts water, one part ubik although play around with it and see what you prefer.

9. window wizard

window wizard Newcomer

great info guys. if I'm using it on a first clean do I just spray by brush and use for upstairs and how much more rinsing will I have do do to leave perfect glass

10. dave83

dave83 Member

After looking on here for some good advice, i use ubik- not sure to what dilution (i guess) mixed with eco cover washing up liquid. I think the eco cover thickens it up a bit so it isn't a too thin liquid that just runs off the brush. Although I would welcome any tips on how to get as much eco cover onto the windows without it running off the brush (still runs off abit). Currently I wet the frames and windows slightly, then i have to bring the brush all the way down to ground level and then backup. Do these pump up sprayers actually work and can anyone recommend one?

Advertisement